As much as I love Pantera...

Renfield

• Members

As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to contemporary "heavy" there is only

Tool. To me, they seem like the only band that can't be pigeon-holed into any stupid category. What I respect about them is the fact that one can't categorize them. They are the core of statements like: "Good music is good music." For the record, I am no fan of 'metal'.

Though I have played in a metal band.(Early years)

• Members

As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to contemporary "heavy" there is only

Tool. To me, they seem like the only band that can't be pigeon-holed into any stupid category. What I respect about them is the fact that one can't categorize them. They are the core of statements like: "Good music is good music." For the record, I am no fan of 'metal'.

Though I have played in a metal band.(Early years)

Er, didn't you just categorize them as "contemporary heavy"? :confused:

• Members

What I love about tool is that the band members go out of thier way to piss off and offend absolutely everyone. I love that sandpaper quality about the group,its imagery and art work as well as lyrics. If it will piss you off you can bet Tool will do it.

and thats why I love them so.

• Members

Maynard was on the Lex and Terry radio show this week to promote his new wine. A couple of fans stopped by the studio when he was leaving to meet him and get autographs and he was a serious asshole to them-didn't sign their autographs, basically told them to get lost. Apparently, he's notorious for being a prick to fans. How disappointing.

Ah well...I listen to tool for Danny and Justin's playing mostly. Maynard's crooning gets second or third bill to me when it comes to them. :thu:

Archived