I just "tasted" a beer for the first time in years!

slapthefunkyfour

• Members

it is amazing the cool things you can taste when you haven't smoked for two days.
:cool:

its been almost 10 years for me. i can't believe that i ever smoked. it is so disgusting. just wait, you will be able to smell and taste things even more in the next few months.

• Members

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, I hate to say it here, but FBC and BHK are the ones who inspired me, sort of. Seeing their quitting smoking threads got me to thinking. I can do this too. I mostly want do quit for my wife and kids, but BHK and FBC got the ball rolling. I need to go change my sig now to say 2 instead of 1.

• Members

You know, I hate to say it here, but FBC and BHK are the ones who inspired me, sort of. Seeing their quitting smoking threads got me to thinking. I can do this too. I mostly want do quit for my wife and kids, but BHK and FBC got the ball rolling. I need to go change my sig now to say 2 instead of 1.

Nothing wrong with that. Just remember, you can't smoke again. You can't have 'just one' because that gets the ball rolling again. It really doesn't take that long and then it won't bother you anymore.

The biggest thing that worked for me was when people would ask if I had a cigarette and I could say 'I don't smoke' instead of 'I'm trying to quit'. As soon as I got that in my head, I was fine.

Good luck! Its not that hard.

• Members

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, smoking. When I'm 80 years old, I'm starting smoking again. I miss it. I haven't had one since '99 so I'm ok with it, until I'm 80.

when you are 80 you should be allowed to do whatever you want to do. i might even start smoking again at 80 if i make it.

Archived