Four gigs in four days, starting today.

burdizzos

• Members

I'm a weekend hack in a lame cover band. I've never done more than two shows in a row. This is probably going to kill me.

Tonight, we have a Red Cross charity gig at the biggest country bar in the area. Link. We are sharing the stage with some other band and we're running sound and lights for the whole shebang. I'm not thrilled about that part, but I'm hoping this gig lands us some futer action in that place as it could be a real money maker.

Tomorrow, we are playing a dive bar that I used to frequent back in my drinking days. Greenies.

Friday, we are playing a redneck honky tonk in Newport News. TG's Saloon.

And Saturday, we are at another bar where they really like us for the head bar tender's birthday party. The Checkered Flag Tavern.

Good times.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

cool man cool. kick it's ass all over the place.

my former band had a run of about 10 or 11 months with a total of three weekends off. and only about 4 of the shows were "local". the rest were a minimum of an hour's drive away. talk about burnout...

• Members

I'm not complaining. I'm looking forward to the cash.

It is nice to not have a real bass rig to worry about, but I've got the rest of the live gear in spades.

I'm concerned about tonight's gig because that room is way too big for our PA. We are going to be upgrading it, but I'm just hoping we get though tonight without breaking anything. I can't believe they aren't hiring out sound for this. :facepalm:

Or it could be that we are playing the small room, in which case, I'm not worried about {censored}. It would be nice if I could get this information more than five minutes before showtime.

• Members

my band played out for the first time this year last week and my fingers were killing me by the end of the night.

man, by saturday night id be fretting roots with my middle finger and using a pick
:facepalm:

That's one of the things I'm genuinely worried about. I dig in and play hard. Tonight, I'm only playing two sets and I'll probably lay back a bit tomorrow night. Hopefully, I'll keep it together so I can destroy the Saturday night gig.

• Members

and for the others...?

The other full time band member plays music for a living. He does acoustic shows during the week and plays with the band on the weekends. Z-x and I do not like country music or clasic rock, but we play it because that's where the money is and we have a pretty good time doing it.

We have a part time lead guitar player that comes out as his schedule and the gig pay allows. He doesn't play the small, low paying gigs and I don't think he will be playing all four shows with us this week.

• Members

Oh, I assure you, we are lame. We play {censored} people want to hear and get booked. For two of us, it's a part time job with fun benefits.

Band Link.

By the Prophets beard ! You're so lame, that if you'd been my horse, I'd have you put down.

Just kidding. I've heard much, much worse and you can actually play your instruments :thu:

May I recommend superglue on your fingertips and a round of gaffatape on your thumb in case of slapping.

• Members

keep us posted on what 4 straight nights does for the music. does it get real tight? do you find your playing as a unit is stronger? is your playing better or worse for 4 nights running?

i've never done it and don't think i ever will.

but i'm real curious as to the effects on you and the band.

• Members

Not bad.

Worst I've done was Thursday night in Austin (from Temple, back to Temple), Friday night in Lubbock (from Temple), Saturday night in College Station (from Lubbock- THAT night), then back to Temple Sunday PM.

Check dem stats out on your map... ;)

• Members

Good Luck Man...I'd hate to set up and tear down sound for 4 nights in a row though.

keep us posted on what 4 straight nights does for the music. does it get real tight? do you find your playing as a unit is stronger? is your playing better or worse for 4 nights running?

i've never done it and don't think i ever will.

but i'm real curious as to the effects on you and the band.

I've done 4 a couple of times, 3 in a row pretty regularly. We usually play the night and I feel like I play better on each consecutive show. I always feel like the band sounds better for the most part too...Of course the lead singer and drummer always complain, "My voice is shot!" "I'm tired!":rolleyes::lol: I will say that I make sure I take work off so I can sleep in and I usually cut my drinkin down a bit. I dig in pretty good when I play but I never found it to be somethang I had to watch. Then again I usually play better the more I pick up my bass... I'd play out 7 nights a week if I could (trying to get there!)

Archived