Strap Height

Giddry

• Members

What generous and amazing choice you have made. Wow! Good for you.

When I was pregnant, I wore my bass low and to the side. Kind of off my hip and tipped up the headstock... I'll see if I can find a pic. I had to go low because the baby kept kicking it when I wore it high. I think it was squishing her.

EDIT: I can't find any of me, but this is what I mean.

antiflag_quote.jpg

• Members
I just gained a {censored} ton of respect for you... not that I was void of any to begin with.
;)

I wish you the best through the entire process!!

+1 :thu: gid. i couldnt do it. i probably should have, but im doing pretty good now, although she's a hellion :lol: best of luck to ya.

• Members

i dont know what to say

grats doesnt seem to fit here

would have been interesting to see what the forum would have said had you decided not to keep the baby

before anyone says ZOMG BABY KILLER, its just a hypothical question.

pro-choice doesnt mean pro-abortion, it just means i dont think anyone has the right to tell a women if she can or can not have one, let her make the moral desicion, and i agree with giddrys

• Members

She's bringing a life into the world. Congrats is certainly in order. It's a beautiful thing.

Thanks! I'm really proud of the decision we've made and I'm absolutely 100% positive it's the best thing we can do for everyone involved. I'm looking forward to being a mom, but looking forward even more to the fact that I'm going to give this child a chance in the world to be whatever it's little heart desires. It will be hard, no doubt, and we know that. But this is the best possible thing we can do.

Side note: I've been wondering what that weird fluttering feeling was for a few days now. Turns out, baby is an active little thing!

• Members

Bittersweet congrats to you and the folks who he/she will be with!

I have no advice as far as playing goes, but I'm guessing with the strain your back will be facing, you might want to play sitting down.

I've never played with a big belly (or the other two "parts" that grow with pregnancy), so no advice there either. I have played some pretty big acoustic basses where you don't get to see what the hell your left hand or plucking hand is doing, so good muscle-memory will help. :p

Congrats again!

Archived