Anyone Going To Mountain Jam?

sub5ound

• Members

It's like 5 minutes from my house, it's the 5th year, an the Allman Bros, Micheal Franti (Spearhead), Porter(yes, that Porter), Derek Trucks, Mule and

Karl Denson's Tiny Universe will be there this year. Was hoping foe MMW and Robert Randolph but ya can't have it all I guess...

Anyway, I get free VIP tix through my job and I have to say, I'm psyched.

It will be my first Allmans show.

It takes palce at Hunter Ski resort in Hunter NY, about an hour/two from NYC.

Always a blast. I'm super pissed I missed My Morning Jacket a couple years ago, but I caught Phil Lesh. (With Warren Haynes and John Scofield)

{censored}ing great festival.

Was just wondering if any forumites were planning on going?

Or just if you dig the bands on the roster.

There should be some vids on the tube from past shows(including a pack of bears that decided they liked the smell of hippie burritos).

So, who's going?:rawk:

• Members

I got to jam with ...Jay I think? The percussionist. I played with his brother for a while in one of my first paying bands. Up at a club in Saratoga after the Allmans...cool guy. Unfortunately, Mike (Jay's bro) recently passed on. Dude taught me some valuable {censored}. Never seen Moe in concert though. Met Chuck Garvey at my friends shop tho. Seemed like another nice dude. Don't own any of their stuff but I probably should. I like most of what I've heard. Don't see why they are in that 'jam-band' category...seems like straight rock to me.

But every rock band that features improv get's put there these days.

• Members

check out archive.org...there's about 1500 live moe.recordings on there. I highly recommend the Tsunami Relief show at the Roseland Ballroom 02/10/2005 (Link)

Sam Bush, John Medeski, and Trey came down and sat in with moe. and they put on a hell of a show.

Yeah I heard about Jim's brother last year, he dropped off the tour for a couple of weeks (june-july iirc) but he was back with them by the time they hit Buffalo for their semi-annual free show, which had a sick Brent Black>Drums>Bass>Brent Black.

Oh yes...and Chuck is Satan.

Archived