OT:My days are numbered....

Reverend179

• Members

Don't be sorry for me.
:D

I'm at a very angry point right now, so don't take that post seriously. All I can say is, I stood on that altar and said I'd only marry one girl, and I fully intend to keep that promise until the day I die.
:idea:
C7

Well, I mean sorry for bringing it up.

• Members

Congrats Rev!

C7, don't beat yourself up over it. It takes two people to make a relationship work. You are doing everything you can to make the relationship work, if the other person is not recipicating that same amount of determination that is not your fault. With that being said I have never gone through a divorce and will not even try to act like I know what it feels like. Just hang in there dude, there is good in everything if you look hard enough. Best of luck/thoughts/prayers for you dude.

• Members

As of about an hour ago, my girlfriend agreed to become Mrs.Reverend179. I thought my heart was gonna jump through the front of my chest. Phew!

Congrats! That just brought back memories of having the same feeling. It didn't turn out so well afterwards but I wish you the best of luck! :thu:

• CMS Author

Don't be sorry for me.
:D

I'm at a very angry point right now, so don't take that post seriously. All I can say is, I stood on that altar and said I'd only marry one girl, and I fully intend to keep that promise until the day I die.
:idea:
C7

Here are two ways of looking at that. Maybe they'll help a little with your anger:

1. The promise that you based your commitment upon was broken, and not by you. Just as any business or legal agreement can not be one-sided, neither should something as important as a life commitment. You shouldn't cling to an agreement that's not being met equally. That takes time to get over, and you're right to be angry.

2. Perspective. You only had the perspective of knowing how *you* felt when you went to the alter. Call it ignorance or innocence if you will. You had no way of knowing what you were getting into, since you'd never done this. Now that you have the perspective of someone who's 'been there, done that' you can go forward with new relationships and know just a little better what you might be headed for.

I can vividly recall a moment just before my wedding (1983). I was standing in the "anteroom" waiting for the ceremony to start. It's really weird, because you're the only one there. So I'm there alone and realized this was my last chance to back out. It felt weird to even be thinking this...I was totally commited, so even thinking about bailing felt like a betrayal. Which made me wonder if I'd remember this moment years later, and how I would remember it. You don't get many of these moments in life. At any rate, I had a moment of indecision, and I wondered if that itself was a sign of the future.

As it turned out, I had about 6 relatively good years of marriage, followed by *many* of turmoil, and I often looked back and did remember that moment just before I spoke my vows. I took my promise seriously, but I was alone in that, and that's why I am very adamant that you should try hard not to hang onto the anger you may be feeling about it.

Sorry, too much rambling for a Saturday morning...

• CMS Author

As of about an hour ago, my girlfriend agreed to become Mrs.Reverend179. I thought my heart was gonna jump through the front of my chest. Phew!

Big step!!! And she's not your girlfriend any more.....she's your fiance.:thu:

So has she picked out colors and flowers and the seating arrangement and her dress and the bridesmaids' dresses and the cake and which reception hall and your honeymoon package and the limo and......:lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Members

My bro gets married on June 20th.

He's the youngest of we 3 kids. My sis will probably be next, then maybe me someday.

Kindness has yet to give me the go-ahead, and until then, I'm comfy just dating and buying {censored} that's way too expensive. :cop::cop:

Archived