OT: So, I'm getting ready to go watch my GF in a production of...

Death Hands

• Members

Little Shop of Horrors.

I'm sort of excited. It looks cool. I've been to a couple of practices, and they've really revamped it in places, and she has just a couple of small parts, but I'm sure it'll be bomb. :D

I've never seen the original, but she is apparently gonna force me to watch it tomorrow. :p

• Members

"Suddenly Seymore...."

:thu:

Very cool play. Me like!

Yeah. She really digs it too. One of her favourites, AFAIK.

I would've went opening night, but my mom wanted to go with, and she's been working late the past couple of weeks, so we opted for today.

Glad I didn't go yesterday... they had some massive fail in the tech department. A guy misplaced several props, and the mics got {censored}ed up. Haha.

• Members

Yeah. She really digs it too. One of her favourites, AFAIK.

I would've went opening night, but my mom wanted to go with, and she's been working late the past couple of weeks, so we opted for today.

Glad I didn't go yesterday... they had some massive fail in the tech department. A guy misplaced several props, and the mics got {censored}ed up. Haha.

Yikes. I bet somebody got ripped a new one over that. :eek:

• Members

I've been in that production twice, including playing the lead my senior year of HS. At 6'6", 300+ lbs, I think I was one of the largest guys ever to play seymore.

It was funny because I went into auditions wanting to be the voice of Audrey II. After I read those lines and had the director rolling on the floor laughing, she asked me to stay on stage and read the opposing lines for all of the girls who were trying out. I was pretty confident that I had the part that I wanted, so I just hammed it up for laughs. Apparently that "accidentally" won me the lead role. I felt bad at the time because the guy that really wanted it was a friend of mine. He had been in EVERY production at our High School since his freshman year, biding his time until he got the lead role, and then I swooped in and took it. But he got Mr. Mushnik, and KILLED in that role. It was a pretty good show...

Let us know how it goes!

• Members

I've been in that production twice, including playing the lead my senior year of HS. At 6'6", 300+ lbs, I think I was one of the largest guys ever to play seymore.

It was funny because I went into auditions wanting to be the voice of Audrey II. After I read those lines and had the director rolling on the floor laughing, she asked me to stay on stage and read the opposing lines for all of the girls who were trying out. I was pretty confident that I had the part that I wanted, so I just hammed it up for laughs. Apparently that "accidentally" won me the lead role. I felt bad at the time because the guy that really wanted it was a friend of mine. He had been in EVERY production at our High School since his freshman year, biding his time until he got the lead role, and then I swooped in and took it. But he got Mr. Mushnik, and KILLED in that role. It was a pretty good show...

Let us know how it goes!

Haha. The only thing I could've done would've been Audrey II.

It was awesome. Very very good. Started out a bit lackluster, but it ended up being awesome. Still had some mic troubles, but nothing terribly terribly bad.

It had edits aplenty, but I felt it was probably a proper homage to the b-movie. I know I loved it and didn't feel jipped. I also hate musicals, generally, but hey.

There is some really cool fledgling talent in that troupe. Very, very cool. :D

EDIT:

And they bassplayer they had in the band was pretty rad. He had an SR5, and what looked like a Redhead 210 combo. The piano player fudged a few times, but nothing horribly noticeable.

• Members

Awesome!:thu:

I'm glad it went well.

When I was in High School I played in the Pensacola Symphony... that got me out of most in-school performances (and got me an early-out pass on performance days). I saw a few of the shows, but was never impressed by the casting or direction.

It wasn't the kids' fault.

• Members

Where have you been?!?

The Chicago Posse has grown quite a bit since you were a regular here.

:wave:

I've lurked a bit, but have been "on hiatus". My job has been pretty demanding, and I've spent most of my available time with the wife & kids. Things have gotten a bit easier, as my son is a bit less of a handful now that he's a little older. So here I am.

Unfortunately, I'll probably do a vanishing act again soon. I am going to be losing someone from my department, which is small to start with. So, more late nights and weekend work.

But I've always enjoyed this place. So I'm going to make an effort to pop in more often, even if only to stay in touch. Would be terrific if I could actually make a get together sometime, but we'll see.

Good to see you, T-Broom. Hope all is good with your family and the band.

Archived