So, I exchanged my 700rb-II today...

georgestrings

• Members

...for another 700rb-II... When I 1st got it, there was an issue with hum - which disappeared, then came back... I gigged it last night, and it was acting up - although not enough to cause too much of a problem... Since I bought it at Daddy's with a warranty, and my local store had just taken another in, they swapped it even up without a hassle... The "new" one is completely hum free, and is cosmetically a little better - and sounds just as good as the 1st one...

Although it sucks that the 1st one had a problem, it actually worked out well in the end... My local Daddy's has treated me pretty well for the most part...

- georgestrings

• Members

Seriously get a new Carvin. I had a 700rbII (great amp) but my BX1200 rips, just asked Robear!! He played my head through his lovely EPI stack and it was pure heaven. Helps that he's a great player!

For the price of a new 700rbII you can get the big dog Carvin B1500. It's 1100w RMS into 4 ohms and it has a well tracking Octaver built in, just in case you want to cause an earthquake.

https://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=B1500

Type "Carvin B1500 reviews" into Google search, if you dare...

• Members

Seriously get a new Carvin. I had a 700rbII (great amp) but my BX1200 rips, just asked Robear!! He played my head through his lovely EPI stack and it was pure heaven. Helps that he's a great player!

For the price of a new 700rbII you can get the big dog Carvin B1500. It's 1100w RMS into 4 ohms and it has a well tracking Octaver built in, just in case you want to cause an earthquake.

Thanks for the input, Jeff - but I don't see that happening... I have no doubt that the B1500 is a great amp - as it's consistantly gotten high marks from several sources whom I respect... However, I don't need anywhere near that kind of wattage, and besides - I only paid $350 for my 700rb-II... If I was going to pony up the $600 for the cost of one of those new, or a B1500 - I'd chip in a little more and get a used GBE 750 instead...

Truthfully, that 700rb-II into my PH 610 is all the rig I need for any gig I'll play - same thing with the NeoPak into that Mesa cab... At friday's gig with the 700rb-II, I had my Boost and Master at 12 o'clock, and my Pre Gain only about 1/3 up - and was being asked to turn down... I don't see myself ever needing more than 300 watts at 4 ohms, given the amount of speakers I like to play through - and my typical stage volumes...

Anyways, thanks for weighing in - and I'm sure that B1500 is a smokin' amp, at a great price for what it offers...

- georgestrings

• Members

Good, nice to hear they hooked you up. Daddy's was the first bass purchase I made.

Yeah, being the bargain hunter I am, I've bought ALOT of my gear through Daddy's... They know me well enough to bring in anything I request, and I can check it out without any obligation to buy... Besides giving me some pretty good deals over the years, they've also went out of their way on a few occasions to hook me up in one way or another...

- georgestrings

• Members

Thanks for the input, Jeff - but I don't see that happening... I have no doubt that the B1500 is a great amp - as it's consistantly gotten high marks from several sources whom I respect... However, I don't need anywhere near that kind of wattage, and besides - I only paid $350 for my 700rb-II... If I was going to pony up the $600 for the cost of one of those new, or a B1500 - I'd chip in a little more and get a used GBE 750 instead...

Truthfully, that 700rb-II into my PH 610 is all the rig I need for any gig I'll play - same thing with the NeoPak into that Mesa cab... At friday's gig with the 700rb-II, I had my Boost and Master at 12 o'clock, and my Pre Gain only about 1/3 up - and was being asked to turn down... I don't see myself ever needing more than 300 watts at 4 ohms, given the amount of speakers I like to play through - and my typical stage volumes...

Anyways, thanks for weighing in - and I'm sure that B1500 is a smokin' amp, at a great price for what it offers...

- georgestrings

That's a great deal. The 700rbII served me well for 3 solid years of gigs. I sold my whole GK rig to a friend after the band split up and he loves it. Plays his bass, keys, and electronic drum set thru it!

• Members

He played my head through his lovely EPI stack and it was pure heaven. Helps that he's a great player!

We are talking about an amp... right?

I am curious now, it sounds really cool, and especially at that price .

• Members

- georgestrings

Amen!:thu: I play my 700RB-II through a Mesa Road Ready 1516. I have only had the cab for 2 gigs now and you wanna talk about rumble. I barely have my turned up and the guys are asking me to turn down. The sound guy asked me to turn down on stage because I was too loud.:eek:I had considered getting rid of the GK but just can't bring myself to do it.:cool:

Archived