I finally saw "Indiana Jones and I'm glad I didn't spend any money on this Movie".

Funkee1

• Members

:facepalm: for sure. My 3 year old LOVED it, though.

Sort of related: Harrison Ford is here in Portland, about to start shooting the Brendan Fraser movie called Crowley. We stood in line for 8 hours, trying to get my son cast as Fraser's son. I don't know how many kids showed up, but the line was over 5 blocks long.

Back to Indy 4... :freak:

• Members

Even with the cheese factor involved, I loved the first three Indy movies. I have been hesitant to see the new one because I've heard nothing but God-awful reviews about it. Plus, the idea of seeing 60 year old Indy swinging by his whip and getting into fist-fights just makes me cringe. Old people don't heal well. And they're not that coordinated anymore. Stop doing those things, Indy. You're worrying us. :(

• Members

According to a friend who worked on the film, Lucas wanted a scene where Indy brought down a jet using his whip...Spielberg had to talk him out of it...
:facepalm:

I could only imagine that conversation....

"But he's uses the power of the force to anchor his body in place... What? Momentum? That doesn't apply in space." :facepalm:

• Members

According to a friend who worked on the film, Lucas wanted a scene where Indy brought down a jet using his whip...Spielberg had to talk him out of it...

:lol:

Seriously. It wasn't THAT bad. No worse than Quantum of Solace IMO.

Worst Bond film ever.

• Members

What, and he couldn't talk him out of the snake, or the fridge, or the monkeys, or the swordfight, or the falls, or the ants, or the...

• Members

What, and he couldn't talk him out of the snake, or the fridge, or the monkeys, or the swordfight, or the falls, or the ants, or the...

Compromise. "I'll let you do ALL these retarded things, as long as you agree we don't do this one REALLY retarded thing."

• Members

for sure. My 3 year old LOVED it, though.

Sort of related: Harrison Ford is here in Portland, about to start shooting the Brendan Fraser movie called
Crowley
. We stood in line for 8 hours, trying to get my son cast as Fraser's son. I don't know how many kids showed up, but the line was over 5 blocks long.

Back to Indy 4...
:freak:

Ugh I know. I was printing HeadShots for wannabe stars all weekend.

Ya know, the ones who didn't realize how early casting was done (not the kids, like people wanting to be MORE than extras)

• Members

Ugh I know. I was printing HeadShots for wannabe stars all weekend.

Ya know, the ones who didn't realize how early casting was done (not the kids, like people wanting to be MORE than extras)

Did you work with the kids headshots, too? My wife asked me if I wanted to go try out for an extra. I said {censored} that, after the kid debacle.

I would like to meet Ford, though.

• Members

No way..Quantum of Solace was solid. I dig him in Bond, good {censored}.

Blech......

I don't think he's a terrible Bond, but not a great one either. And the story line in this last one was rotten. Disjointed, no flow whatsoever, it was just a very poorly written screenplay IMO.

Archived