If I ever sell the Eden or the Sterling...

willsellout

• Members

You have my blessing to punch me right in the dick. Now a caveat to this is that if I sell the Eden for another Eden, or if I quit playing altogether, I'm in the clear:D

Seriously folks this is the best tone I've ever heard. I tried it out with the DB112 at a blues jam locally and I got nothing but compliments from the crowd, who were all musicians, if that means anything:D. I had it set flat and it was just beautiful. I let one dude play the rig for a couple songs and I sat it out towards the back of the room and I couldn't stop smiling. The sterling is the perfect bass as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to give it some fretwork and change out the strings to my regular TI Jazz rounds and it will be even better.

:thu:

• Members

You of all people (and RSB) should avoid making these types of statements. I'm gonna subscribe to this thread
:D
And when you move back to CA, you will be in range for me to punch you in the dick.

I know I shouldn't but I've never played a rig that sounded as good as this, especially in a live setting. Of course if I do sell it I'll prepare for a cock punch:D

• Members

I know I shouldn't but I've never played a rig that sounded as good as this, especially in a live setting. Of course if I do sell it I'll prepare for a cock punch:D

As a sufferer of the same affliction, I know what Dan's going through right now.

I've only been able to practice with my rig up until now, and holy crap did it just sound amazing. I couldn't ask for it to sound any better than it did. There's always been a "Yeah, but..." for any amp combo I've had, and it's only going to get better once my badass PH412 gets in.

• Members

As a sufferer of the same affliction, I know what Dan's going through right now.

I've only been able to practice with my rig up until now, and holy crap did it just sound amazing. I couldn't ask for it to sound any better than it did. There's always been a "Yeah, but..." for any amp combo I've had, and it's only going to get better once my badass PH412 gets in.

I totally get the "yeah but" statement. I've never been completely satisfied with an amp; there's always been something. For one I don't like a ton of bells and whistles and I don't like to have to really EQ my sound in. I like to turn on and jam and the Eden lets me do that.

Dan

• Members

I totally get the "yeah but" statement. I've never been completely satisfied with an amp; there's always been something. For one I don't like a ton of bells and whistles and I don't like to have to really EQ my sound in. I like to turn on and jam and the Eden lets me do that.

Dan

I'm the complete opposite, as you well know, and I like tons of {censored} onboard, and man it's just great. Nothing required except my footswitch and I get 2 channels, boosts and distortions on both, mute, it's all right there. :thu:

• Members

The necks are my favorite part of the Sterlings. I was totally expecting you to come in and say something like "If you think the Eden is good, you should try the Carvin":D

Nah. I never heard an Eden I didn't like, although almost every guy I saw play through one was a consumate professional. Even the little jazz/rock/pop band I saw in the city had this great bassplayer playing through one. Some people claim they're having troubles now with the reliability but I don't know anything about that. One bad batch and it's all over the internet.

The guy in Santana played an Eden WT800 and fuggetabout it. Same for the guy in Blood Sweat and Tears when I saw them last summer. SMOKIN.

One of my favorite local guys, Howard from Howard and the White Boys, plays a GK2001rbII thru a pair of Eden 410's and he just kills. GK thru Eden works very well.

• Members

Every time I say I love a piece of gear, I end up selling it.
:facepalm:

Yours is a sweet rig-I'm not surprised that you like it. Just wait till you get a V4B, though.
;)

Yeah I can't wait for the Ampeg! I haven't ever really had a tubey tube amp. The 400+ was great but it never lived up to what I expected it to sound like, which was an SVT:D

Archived