NJD: I'm going to Stanford...

misterhinkydink

• Members

...to work. :D

I've accepted a SW Engineer position at SLAC working on the LCLS.. This has been in the works since January but didn't come through until last week. I accepted and today gave notice to my current employer. Since this place has a use-it-or-lose-it PTO policy, I'll be squeezing in 75.5 hours of PTO between now and my last day on 04/24. :cool:

• Members

congrats man! stanford is my alma mater - class of 1991, and near my hometown. i sat on the governor's board a few years ago as well; it's my heart and soul, and it also seems to get a lot of my wallet :facepalm:

in any event, congratulations. you will LOVE it - SLAC is an amazing place to be. my family still lives in palo alto. good luck finding housing that's not excruciatingly expensive - but, as with all things in life, you get what you pay for! :eek:

• Members

Sweet man.

I talked to both of my recruiter-types today and hopefully should be getting some action soon.

I've started telling them both if they see a really good industry spot with potential for senior first, then manager, then director, etc., to put my name in the hat. I don't mind being in actual "industry" tax (bbl does industry audit-type stuff) if I know I can advance.

• Members

in any event, congratulations. you will LOVE it - SLAC is an amazing place to be. my family still lives in palo alto. good luck finding housing that's not excruciatingly expensive - but, as with all things in life, you get what you pay for!
:eek:

Ditto this.

• Members

Thanks everyone. :thu: I'd like to meet up with the BA folks when I get there.

I'm going to be commuting from ABQ so I'll be getting an apartment. I did this from 1995-2001 and had an apartment in downtown San Jose for almost 6 years. I wasn't working for SLAC then but other BA companies. I ve done work for SLAC before when I was at Los Alamos. My GL there came from SLAC and went back a few years ago. I also worked on controls for LANCSE and SNS while at LANL. It should be fun.

• Members

As an engineer at FNAL, I must say, you now officially suck!

:mad:

:D :D

Hope it works out well for you. SLAC's project is supposed to be one of the important ones for US high energy physics. Hope all goes well! Too bad they don't need fluids engineers. :)

Archived