crazy pedal paint job day!

Guttermouth

• Members

i know you guys have seen this before but, i just finished it completely and wanted to show it off .i built it for use with a telecaster but i had to try it out with bass before i sent it out :) .

it's an overdrive/ booster and fuzz in one enclosure .the fuzz side gets pretty insane and the bias knob can be used to gate the hiss at higher gain settings.with both pedals active there is a ton of sounds on tap.

i have to say it gets some pretty awesome sounds and i'm damn proud of it.

bass clip :

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7483443

guitar clip :

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7481621

toplights.jpg

bottom.jpg

• Members

I love the semistatic sound. That's a damned cool paint job, and the pedal's sounds are badass as well.
:thu:

By the way, my ribs are fine.
:p
Hahaha.

thanks man - if the gate is set right on the edge of cutting off and the gain is dimed out you can gets some nutty "about to blow up" type sounds out of it.

that's good to hear on your ribs - no breaks then?

• Members

thanks man - if the gate is set right on the edge of cutting off and the gain is dimed out you can gets some nutty "about to blow up" type sounds out of it.

that's good to hear on your ribs - no breaks then?

Yeah. That's goddamned cool. I still think I've got everything I need in this little red stompbox. :p I like using it with the phased P40 sound, too, occasionally.

Yeah. I got a friend of the family that is an ER nurse to check me out. Plus, the guys that I ran into got some jail time for B&E a day or two ago. I also filed an assault charge against them.

• Members

thank you sir
:thu:

let's just say..

i'm cheap.

:p

I already know this :rolleyes::love:

:D

I've actually been waiting for you to release a more varied catastrofuzz. I love the pedal, but I find that I can rarely use it in the band context because it's too intense. If I could get a circuit capable of the same destruction, but one I can also dial back for more mild sounds... Yum! Would this do that? Maybe even one with even a few different channels... And an expression jack... and and and!!! :evil:;)

• Members

I already know this
:rolleyes::love:

I've actually been waiting for you to release a more varied catastrofuzz. I love the pedal, but I find that I can rarely use it in the band context because it's too intense. If I could get a circuit capable of the same destruction, but one I can also dial back for more mild sounds... Yum! Would this do that? Maybe even one with even a few different channels... And an expression jack... and and and!!!
:evil:;)

hmm...

a more varied catastrofuzz eh? you are quite the mad scientist these days eh?

:)

with the cfuzz the key to the lower gain stuff is all in the voltage control (although it will change the overall feel and make it a bit "softer")

this circuit is alot more traditional and a bit more analog sounding than the cfuzz. tweaking it to be used on bass would be a fairly simple matter and doing multiples in a single enclosure or adding a tone control, etc... would all be pretty straightforward.

• Members

hmm...

a more varied catastrofuzz eh? you are quite the mad scientist these days eh?

:)
with the cfuzz the key to the lower gain stuff is all in the voltage control (although it will change the overall feel and make it a bit "softer")

this circuit is alot more traditional and a bit more analog sounding than the cfuzz. tweaking it to be used on bass would be a fairly simple matter and doing multiples in a single enclosure or adding a tone control, etc... would all be pretty straightforward.

So basically what you're saying is it would be best to just have several gmouth pedals taking up valuable space on my pedal board, send you money for another one, and add even MORE distortions to be already superfluous collection??

.... Perfect, I'm in!! :D

• Members

So basically what you're saying is it would be best to just have several gmouth pedals taking up valuable space on my pedal board, send you money for
another one
, and add even MORE distortions to be already superfluous collection??

.... Perfect, I'm in!!

hahahahahaha.

honestly though, can you ever have too many fuzzes?

• Members

I LOVE crazy pedal paint job day...:love:

This pedal will be loved and very well cared for in a crazy-paint-job-friendly home.

Seriously, once I get the first three guitars completed, I'll have to do a nice family photo and write up of this and the tremolo...with the Tweed Deluxe, of course!

:cool:

Archived