NVD - Professional Edition

78pbass

• Members

Mrs Pbass does and excellent job of killing vacuums with her long hair that sheds often. We've been through 3 vacuums of varying costs in the last 6 years. Each vac has been rebuilt by me pretty much weekly (replacing endcaps, agitators, bearings, you name it). After much reading and investigating, I found the only one that fits our needs, budget and has a proven record.

The standard in commercial/professional vacuums since its launch in 1973, nearly all metal parts, simple mechanism, with tremendous support worldwide, easy to find bags and belts and a 4 year warranty:

sanitaires647.jpg

And since these dont have attachments, I opted to buy something for crevices and upholstery:

8a36cc9eda6c98cab7809bbb0ab0ec90.jpg

Eureka sold their professional division to Electrolux a few years back, but the design and manufacture are still the same.

I should be good for a while. But the performance of these two kill me. The upright LIFTS the carpet with suction, the little guy cleaned the edges of a freshly vacuumed room to a whole 'nuther level. The best part is that my grand outlay was less than $350 with a years worth of bags, extra belts and all from a proper Vac Shop.

Yes, I'm that excited about a vacuum. I hope that I forget we own it after a while unlike the constant reminders of the old ones.

• Members

+1000

I will
NEVER
own a vacuum that requires bags again.

I looked at the Dyson, but even the DC15 wasn't good for long human hair .

The shocking part was when I actually went to 3 vac shops that 6:1 of the units in for repair were Dyson's in each of the shops. I saw a sign that offered belt replacements for all models: $7.50, Dyson: $29.99. What blew my mind was that they were raising the rates on the Dyson again because they require so much disassembly. That sealed the deal for me on the Dyson

And after 2 bagless units, I'll take my bags for effort - I only change bags twice to thrice a year versus every time on the bagless. I had to buy new seals on the Hoover Windtunnel that we had because of the initial *poof* of dust when you Turned it on. The HEPA bags out filter the bagless in all of the reports I've read.

• Members

We've got inside-outside dogs and a cat.

Lots or hair

Lots of dander.

Lots of sand and dirt.

The Dyson DC14 Animal handles it with ease.

Weekly vacuuming requires at least 3 empties of the canister.

We had a CR top rated bad vac before. Every time you took the vac out of the closet, you needed to put a new bag in it.

Oh, we also had Bogster living here for a few months.

Once a month, I'd have to cut the hair that wound up on the beater bar. But that's not the fault of the Dyson.

• Members

We've got inside-outside dogs and a cat.

Lots or hair

Lots of dander.

Lots of sand and dirt.

The Dyson DC14 Animal handles it with ease.

Weekly vacuuming requires at least 3 empties of the canister.

We had a CR top rated bad vac before. Every time you took the vac out of the closet, you needed to put a new bag in it.

Oh, we also had Bogster living here for a few months.

Once a month, I'd have to cut the hair that wound up on the beater bar. But that's not the fault of the Dyson.

We've got the same thing with 2 dogs. The human hair would get wrapped and then get into the edges where the bearings were, melt, cause the plastic to melt, then cause other failures. We would comb the carpet with a silicone carpet brush first, use th evac without the brush turned on, cut the hair off the brush and then normal vac - every time.

Each vac shop said the same thing very firmly: Metal agitator brush, metal endcaps metal spindles. I had a Panasonic from the late 70s or 80s that we got rid of for the Hoover because we wanted to ditch the bag (and it was neat) and it was dead inside of a year and a half.

It turns out in our case that afterhaving both bagged and bagless, the bag is far less effort altogether.

And yes, our last vac, the Kenmore that exploded on monday, was the top0-rated CR vac. Evidently, there's a ton of youtubes that explain how flawed their methods of testing are. I belive them now after that last one. But we also seem to tax our vacuums more than the average user, I guess. :shrug:

• Members

We bought a Dyson a while ago (the yellow one) and it was fantastic before it broke. It still sucks but the brush thing doesn't turn. Took it apart and the belt seems fine, I need to call them about it. We have a cleaning lady who comes in every other week with her vacuum though so there's no rush to fix ours. My mom, on the other hand, has been using the same Kirby for about 30 years, problem free.

• Members

I use a bagged vac because:

1. It was cheap ($99!).

2. Cheap bagless vacs suck (I've owned two).

3. I don't care enough about vacuums to spend a lot on one.

My little Hoover Lite hasn't had a hiccup in two years so what the hell... Does the job for me. :thu:

• Members

I sold vacuums for a couple years, and have lots of experience with all the major brands, bagged and bagless.

The only bagless I would recommend is the Dyson. That said, the Dyson's performance wasn't any better than bag vacuums from around $250 and up. The mid level Kenmores (made by Panasonic) always impressed us, and can be had for $250 and up on sale.

Archived