Line 6 Bass Pod Pro XT question

jjaggers1

• Members

I am looking for some advice on whether or not to get the rackmount Line 6 Bass Pod Pro XT. I am in a cover band with a very diverse setlist, I need everything from synth, envelope filter, and chorus (not all at the same time of course). I am currently using a Genz Benz 750 Head with 410 XB cabs and an effects line with mostly Boss effects pedals, and a Morley Bass Wah.

Here's the deal, I don't usually turn on/off or change effects in the middle of songs. So would it be more feasible to get the Line 6 or stay with the individual effects pedals? Thanks for any input.

• Members

Well, I am having issues with my Boss SYB-3 Synthesizer, which is pretty important for a few of the songs. The pedal, when on, is having problems with keeping a note "clear", it's either cutting off too fast or cutting off and back on rapidly or playing several notes that I didn't play, lol.

• Members

I'd say no. It doesn't do what you want it to do very well. The Bass Pod Pro XT is a preamp/amp modeler and it does this very well, but it's not a good effects box. It will color your sound, that's what it's supposed to do and there's no way to bypass the amp modeling and just use the effects. The XT Live! may be more to your liking.

• Moderators
Well, I am having issues with my Boss SYB-3 Synthesizer, which is pretty important for a few of the songs. The pedal, when on, is having problems with keeping a note "clear", it's either cutting off too fast or cutting off and back on rapidly or playing several notes that I didn't play, lol.

The Synth on the POD is worse, IMHO. I used to own the POD Pro XT with the long board. It didn't last too long with me. I found the FX to be weak compared to other multi's and I didn't need the amp modeling.

• Moderators
...The Bass Pod Pro XT is a preamp/amp modeler and it does this very well, ......there's no way to bypass the amp modeling and just use the effects.

Not true. The Bass POD XT Pro does allow you to choose "bypass" of the amp modeling and use it as an fx box. Just to confirm my experience which has been a while, I checked the manual online. Bottom of page 5-17.

• Members
Here's the deal, I don't usually turn on/off or change effects in the middle of songs. So would it be more feasible to get the Line 6 or stay with the individual effects pedals? Thanks for any input.

You can definitely set up a Bass Pod to act like a multi-effects pedal. Just bypass the amp and cab modeling and switch on the effect you want, then adjust the settings and save it as a preset. You don't get a lot of flexibility in terms of what effect goes where in the chain and that kind of thing. And, again, most of the effects aren't all that great. But it will work.

• Members

The Synth on the POD is worse, IMHO.

Agreed. If you want a better synth, try the Electro-Harmonix Bass Micro Synth. It's the best I've ever used in terms of tone, tracking, and flexibility. I love mine, even though I don't use it much these days.

f5d72665807a8f028884924f7f3c61de.jpg

[YOUTUBE]Ze4flWZENMA[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]K0SNVkruU3U[/YOUTUBE]

Archived