Went to an AWESOME show last monday... (Brendon Smalls content)

t3ch

• Members

The opening act was a Beegee's metal tribute band. They were super awesome, in ridiculous spandex costumes, had excellent dialogue with the audience, etc. They had a guy running around in a sailor costume with "LANCE" on the back, who would throw glitter and pink balloons around, and wipe off the sweat after each song, etc. They also had a guy who was nothing but stage-antics, who would play a guitar that wasn't plugged in, cowbell, tamborine, etc. They were actually very entertaining both visually and musically :lol:

And the main act was Brendon Smalls, who was there with the School of Rock. It's apparently this school that teaches kids musicianship. He's doing a dozen shows with these 11-17 y/o kids who are his band, and alternate singing/playing. These kids are talented. And by talented, I mean {censored}ING TALENTED. Better than me, probably better than a lot of you. At the beginning of the show, a kid came out and growled/screamed 3 Dethklok songs, then he switched to guitar and SHREEEEEEEEDED, and then he sat on drums. It was amazing. Every single kid out there was AMAZINGLY talented. The youngest kid I swear wasn't more than 3.5' tall and 80lbs. He/She (I couldn't tell) was tearing it up and thrashing around the stage like a pro all night. It was AWESOME.

Brendon said he wanted to do a "Guitar Hero's" tour, where he got to play his current songs, as well as songs that got him into guitar in the first place, and share his interests with fans. He decided bringing some inspired kids along was only appropriate, very cool! :thu::thu:

• Members

OH YEAH. Also, before the show, there was a Q/A with Brendon, and the School of Rock head guy was walking around the audience... Some skanky chick asked Brendon, "So, do you smoke pot and bring groupies backstage?" The guy taking questions jokingly pointed up in the rafters (where we, and the kids, were sitting) and said, "the blonde kid up there is in charge of Brendons groupies", and moved on. Well, the chick actually came up and the kid had NO IDEA what to do or what was going on :facepalm::lol: :lol:

Archived