Tried the John Mayer signature Fender today...

ThudMaker

• Members

:D

Another con: It's a Fender. :facepalm:

Man, I usually hate signature instruments for the cheese quality alone. The only place the Moyer bass has his name on it is the truss rod cover-and it's pretty small. I figure I can get that off of there pretty easily. :D

I never pictured myself with a signature instrument, but that bass sounds incredible. I can suck it up to get the tone that that thing produces for the $$$.

• Members

Another con: It's a Fender.
:facepalm:

Man, I usually hate signature instruments for the cheese quality alone. The only place the Moyer bass has his name on it is the truss rod cover-and it's pretty small. I figure I can get that off of there pretty easily.

I never pictured myself with a signature instrument, but that bass sounds incredible. I can suck it up to get the tone that that thing produces for the $$$.

The Mike Dirnt P I played a year or so ago sounded really f'ing good too. They're not all bad.

• Moderators

Oh my. Did you make that out of a car seat cover?
:D:p

I actually went to the fabric store and and found the faux fur.:lol:

And your (zachoff) point about signature basses sounding good is really true. Bogster, if that bass sounds really good and inspires you, that's what really counts.

• Members

I actually went to the fabric store and and found the faux fur.
:lol:

And your (zachoff) point about signature basses sounding good is really true. Bogster, if that bass sounds really good and inspires you, that's what really counts.

I've said this before, but the Sting P-bass sounds like a dream. Even as big of a Sting fan as I am, I still wouldn't buy one, though. :idk:

• Members

I was watching the Antiques Roadshow on PBS the other day and some lady had an old Fender guitar on there that was sitting in her attic for the last 40 something years. It was a 1962 Fender strat in mint condition and it was left handed. 48 grand!!

• Members

My Telecaster is a Jerry Donahue signature guitar...

Never actually heard the guy play though, just loved the guitar (which in any case has been modified yet further anyway).

Sig instruments - choose well and you have a cool way to gain access to some cool trick features you won't commonly find, on the other hand there are rather a few out there that are stock instruments with a special paint job or particular pickup set for which you will pay over the odds for.

Archived