Essential Blu-Ray List

RSBro

• Members

I have the Rambo I-III set, Clockwork Orange, Young Frankenstein, The Kingdom, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

I'll be ordering 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Miami Vice (sorry, but {censored}ing love that movie) this week.

Any other recommendations that are worth buying over their DVD counterpart? I'm trying to buy everything I don't already have on DVD or recorded to DVD from my DVR.

• Members

dont have blu-ray but LOVE these movies. will they put out a 28 months later? i sure hope so.

Same here.

The sense of utter hopelessness you get while watching them is what gets me.

Everytime you just might make it, nope. You're {censored}ed. And being eaten. :thu:

• Members

All the Pixar stuff, but especially Ratatouille, and even though it's a crap movie, Speed Racer is simply amazing on Blu- Ray.

Transformers- again because of the visuals.

The Dark Knight

Iron Man- one of the best transfers to Blu- Ray ever!

Tropic Thunder- There's some extras on the Blu- Ray from what I hear.

Eagle Eye- again...amazing visuals

• Members

Word of warning, 28 days later is no better than an upscaled DVD on blueray. The director shot all but the end on digital cheap cameras to get a gritty urban feel.

So if you have it on DVD, don't bother getting the blueray.

• Members

Word of warning, 28 days later is no better than an upscaled DVD on blueray. The director shot all but the end on digital cheap cameras to get a gritty urban feel.

So if you have it on DVD, don't bother getting the blueray.

Sorry I meant to say (if I was unclear) that I'm trying to get everything I DON'T already have on DVD, and in this case I purposefully didn't get either vid when I knew I was getting a B-R player at Christmas.

But that's still good to know.

• Members

Sorry I meant to say (if I was unclear) that I'm trying to get everything I DON'T already have on DVD, and in this case I purposefully didn't get either vid when I knew I was getting a B-R player at Christmas.

But that's still good to know.

You would never guess I am from the amp forum would you. :facepalm:

Archived