Gentlemen, I present 'Amp Preserver'

misterhinkydink

• Members

If you have a vintage tube amplifier that you are using today, you are most likely running it between 10% and 15% OVER the line voltage that the amp was made to run on. Look at the power requirements for your vintage tube amp. Most likely it says: 110 VAC or at most 115 VAC. Today

• Members

i remember reading a guitard magazine back in the day and some big wig guitar player said he runs a voltage regulator between the house power and his amp because he claims to be able to hear the difference when his amp is getting 110, 115 and 120 etc.

:idk:

• Members

i remember reading a guitard magazine back in the day and some big wig guitar player said he runs a voltage regulator between the house power and his amp because he claims to be able to hear the difference when his amp is getting 110, 115 and 120 etc.

:idk:

It's possible but does different == better?

• Members

The fact that they don't have a frikkin' clue what they are talking about with the 110/120 volt thing should be a good indicator of their ability to develop an electrical product.
:D

Either that, or he knows exactly what he is talking about and knows how to come up with a seemingly plausible explanation for his useless product. :cop:

Archived