How's this for a craigslist ad?

zachoff

• Members

Critique please... :cop:

Bass player looking for online collaboration for the time being.

Let's see... My musical interestes range from The Pixies to Slayer; Mastodon to Modest Mouse; The Who to Dinosaur Jr; Melvins to Bright Eyes; Neil Young to Fugazi; Black Flag to The Sword; Old 97s to Nirvana; Uncle Tupelo to the Dead Boys... The list can go on and on. I have appreciation for a lot of music, but don't love dance or electronic music. Sorry... Just don't. I guess I like 80s new wave stuff like The Church, The Cure, Joy Division, and New Order so that's kind of a lie.

Anyway, I generally write music that's heavier/sludgy/stoner metal to grungish sounding. I'm starting to do more with my acoustic though... Probably because it's my newest guitar and I like playing it. Hah.

I mostly play bass, but for some reason have more guitars than basses these days... Weird. Anyway, I'm about to start doing some basement recording again and it'd be cool to find someone to swap tracks and collaborate with... Two or three heads are better than one, right?! I use Reaper (it's free) for tracking and EZ Drummer for the drum track. If you're a drummer and can lay down drum tracks then kick ass! I don't have to sing, but I can if you don't want to.

I've been playing bass off and on for almost 20 years and rhythm guitar off and on for 15 and still haven't taken the time to learn theory or how to solo. Haha. I get by. I'm 33 and a single father of two so it kind of goes without saying that I have no time to rehearse on a schedule. So, if you'd be down for swapping tracks and writing/recording that way for the most part and getting together for the occasional jam or gig then drop me a line.

• Members

If you get some people to collaborate and you have something that you like and would like some real drums, I could lay somethin' down for ya. I am a drummer with recording capability.

Thrustin is a drummer. I play all of the music on my myspace page, but I'm foremost a drummer. I'm a drummer that hangs out on the HCBF.

Send me something.

• Members

If you get some people to collaborate and you have something that you like and would like some real drums, I could lay somethin' down for ya. I am a drummer with recording capability.

Thrustin is a drummer. I play all of the music on my myspace page, but I'm foremost a drummer. I'm a drummer that hangs out on the HCBF.

Send me something.

Rad, give me some time. :thu:

• Members

I got two responses & told them I'd get started in a couple weeks. I have a few things to wrap up w/ my basement and I'm almost done building my new PC. So, cool!

For recording I use a TonePort UX1 as my soundcard & have some Alesis powered monitors. Everything goes DI into the TonePort as I live in a townhouse and can't make tons of noise.

The GearBox program that comes with the TonePort is pretty good for setting your tone for guitar so I use that. I generally go straight w/ no modeling for bass though.

Archived