The stupid things people do

Jugghaid

• Members

Just took in a bike as a repo. 2007 Suzuki GSXR750. Nice nice bike. Well, at least it used to be.

This bike has less than 1000 miles on it and it is completely trashed. The guy who I repoed it from stunted it and it's toast.

Now I'll probably get a few hundred from someone who wants to strip it for parts and this guy is going to get sued for the remaining $10,000 he owes.

• Members

It all looks like cosmetics. If the frame and wheels are still straight the body panels can be replaced.

Nope. Rear wheel is slightly oblong, the frame has a few dents in it (I think it's woven aluminum on this bike too so that would be a structural problem) the engine knocks and it smokes like a bitch over 7000 RPM, the radiator is completely shot. Tank is caved in (intentioanlly for stunting) Forks are bent slightly. Doesn't track straight either. On and on and on. Maybe with a complete teardown of the valvetrain the motor may be okay. Have to see.

It would take ME (a good mechanic with the place to work on it) probably $3000+ at least 60-70 hours to get this bike back to new condition.

I have too many projects as it is, so I may sell it to one of my guys here at work. It will bring more $ that waythan at auction.

• Members

Nope. Rear wheel is slightly oblong, the frame has a few dents in it (I think it's woven aluminum on this bike too so that would be a structural problem) the engine knocks and it smokes like a bitch over 7000 RPM, the radiator is completely shot. On and on and on. Maybe with a complete teardown of the valvetrain the motor may be okay. Have to see.

No wonder he quit making the payments.

• Members

Actually, it's worse than that. The guy who stunted it isn't the guy who financed it. He took out the loan for his "buddy".
:facepalm:

Sounds like your thread tittle should be Stupid People, not stupid things....

Borrowing money so someone else can trash the bike?!?!?!?!?

• Members

Sounds like your thread tittle should be Stupid People, not stupid things....

Borrowing money so someone else can trash the bike?!?!?!?!?

Yeah. $10k no less.

I have a LOT of good friends. I wouldn't get or cosign a loan for any of them.

• Members

{censored}.

I've no motorcycle. If you sold it to me, I'd ride the {censored} outta it.

Hey....

...you repo-ing any Dynas or Superglides?

Nope. But I did have a nice Victory Vegas Jackpot a couple of months ago. Sweet bike.

We only repo Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Polaris accounts for motorcycles. I used to repo for Harly. That was a rough gig. :D

• Members

Just took in a bike as a repo. 2007 Suzuki GSXR750. Nice nice bike. Well, at least it used to be.

This bike has less than 1000 miles on it and it is completely trashed. The guy who I repoed it from stunted it and it's toast.

Now I'll probably get a few hundred from someone who wants to strip it for parts and this guy is going to get sued for the remaining $10,000 he owes.

It's been my impression guys like this could care less they owe the remaining 10 grand. Think he will ever pay it back? I don't.

• Members

It's been my impression guys like this could care less they owe the remaining 10 grand. Think he will ever pay it back? I don't.

They'll slap a lien on him and garnish his wages.

Dude had better be way underground if he thinks he's gonna escape this.

• Members

So, is he stupid for wrecking the bike or buying a disco bike in the first place?
:D

Actually, a GSXR750 is one hell of a nice rice rocket. At least it WAS.

Personally, I'm a cruiser kinda guy, otherwise I'd buy it and fix it up myself.

• Members

Yeah. $10k no less.

I have a LOT of good friends. I wouldn't get or cosign a loan for any of them.

No kidding. I have good credit and get hit up for this occasionally, and I always have the same response. If the bank doesn't trust you why should I?

:facepalm:

• Members

Don't know if it counts as stupid, but I went to the strip club with my brother and a lovely new lady last night, and wound up partying with my sister-in-law's best friend and her husband.

I'm gonna get sold out like a CHUMP.:D

Juggsy, you missed a hell of a party, homey.:D

C7

• Members

I have no idea how people can do that to things that cost that much. Obviously the rider couldn't care less about it, and the guy that financed it is a freakin' idiot. Damn shame the bike had to pay the price for those dumbasses. RIP gixxer!:(

Archived