gigspam: IPO festival Detroit, Sat. 4/11, 9PM @ Paycheck's

bassment zombie

• Members

Fireking @ International Pop Overthrow festival.

Paycheck's Lounge. Hamtramck, MI.

9PM sharp.

We play IPOs in Boston every year, and they're a blast every time. A full array and mix of bands playing 30 minute slots. Great music, great people and wonderful camaraderie. Playing my red Lakland Skyline Glaub for the first time live with the band. (Usually rock the Rickenbacker). If anyone comes to show, please grab me, tell me how the Glaub sounded, and we'll have a beer. :)

DETROIT-IPO-flyer-640.jpg

• Members

I forgot to mention that my bandmates were born/raised in Detroit, and they got started as Figures on a Beach back in the 80s with their first record deal here in Detroit. This is a sort of homecoming (couldn't resist the U2 reference, apologies) for them, and incredibly cool for me to experience and just go along for the ride. We spent the afternoon and early evening last night hanging at the Harmony Park Studio where my complete hack-ness was able to witness and take part in (translation - "that sounded sweet, dude!") creative input for the laying down of tracks by Alto Reed and mixing for the nearly completed tunes on upcoming Bob Seger Tailgaters album. Its a totally classic Detroit rock sound.

Anyhow, I'll stop my rambling. If any of you native Detroiters can make it, that'd be sweet. You'll likely know my bandmates by a degree of separation or two.

Cheers. :wave:

Archived