Cheap Danos at MF...

Thumper

• Members

Word.

It's like 'empty the change out of the Jeep's ashtray, look under the sofa cushions, cash in some bottle & can recycling receipts, and I have a new bass!'

:D

I had a MIK Dano baritone (tuned an octave below a standard guitar) a while back. It sounded great, but the string spacing was too tight for finger-style, so I sold it and had pizza & beer for a long weekend when Mrs. Thumper was out of town.

• Members

Just ordered an aqua one, too. I was just sitting here innocently doing the taxes, not quite sure what happened. Suddenly, I'm buying a bass.

I have a friend with a short scale one, and it's great. I had a Lakland Jerry Scheff for a while, and never took to the looks of it. Loved the sound in passive mode.

• Members

For some reason I'm more partial to the guitars like say this: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-Dano-63-Electric-Guitar?sku=516099

But then the full review with pics I know is forthcoming could change my mind. Got a bunch of cash coming in come may. May well be a new bass in store for me.

299Euro around here... sigh...

Archived