The French Are Right and the U.S. is Wrong!!

blueyedmule

• Members

When it comes to dealing with Somali pirates the French nailed it. Commandos in, dead pirates accumulate, almost all hostages survive. Us? Call the Navy but don't let them act, bring in the FBI with a bullhorn and lots of cold pizzas, and sit on our asses while things escalate and deteriorate.

Sarczoy:"We don't negotiate."

Obama: "Is Johnny Dep there??"

:facepalm:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Americans and Canadians simply don't have experience dealing with terrorism. That's why we do stuff the rest of the world finds absurd.

Look at how Turks, Israelis, etc. deal with terrorists. They don't negotiate at all. Terrorist attack = go in with guns blazing.

• Members

When it comes to dealing with Somali pirates the French nailed it. Commandos in, dead pirates accumulate, almost all hostages survive. Us? Call the Navy but don't let them act, bring in the FBI with a bullhorn and lots of cold pizzas, and sit on our asses while things escalate and deteriorate.

Sarczoy:"We don't negotiate."

Obama: "Is Johnny Dep there??"

:facepalm:

The big difference here is our media has made that captain a hero, and everyone knows his name and face.

If he dies in a rescue attempt, it will be a fiasco of epic proportions, especially given the fact that Maersk has quite publicly assured his safety.

I bet you don't even know the name or backstory of the dead French hostage - hell, where was the media coverage of that hijacking?

That's the kind of stuff you can get away with when you control or limit media coverage - not possible here in the gold ole USA.

I guess the Russians are soft too, given the fact that they air-dropped millions in ransom for the release of their captured freighter.

• Members

it's not over yet, in fact several U.S. war ships are there , many of the pirates have come to them with many of their hostages , so eveyone is all together in one big standoff . I think the U.S. would like to retrieve everyone alive but I will not be surpized when the snipers snipe , the seals set charges and the torpedoes are maned , you just know there is a LA class sub there too :cop:

• Members

+1

None with peg-legs either!
:mad:

The Navy Seals could arrange that for all of them. ;)

The Obomites thus far have viewed this as a diplomatic issue which means that the captains ass is cooked unless Maersk comes up with the cash, which I assume they will. The Obomites will do more whimpering at the UN. They will take care of them like they did the NK's. YAY!!

It was on the news last night. These gentlemen (I will use the press' term for criminals ;)) are currently holding 12 other ships in Somali ports.

CNN reported they had a good business model. :facepalm:

The French did the right things and did a good job. Kudos.

Are the French version of the Seals called Frogs? :idk:

• Members

Are the French version of the Seals called Frogs?
:idk:

OK, that is some funny, there.:D

I don't get it. Launch a team on a Seal Delivery Vehicle submersible at night, park it 10 meters below the 'pirates,' surface and kill the thugs. Bring the captain back to a Navy vessel for pizza & beer.

• Members
I don't get it. Launch a team on a Seal Delivery Vehicle submersible at night, park it 10 meters below the 'pirates,' surface and kill the thugs. Bring the captain back to a Navy vessel for pizza & beer.

My thoughts exactly. This is just the kind of thing the SEALs are trained to do. What's the problem :confused:

• Members

Expect further retaliation: apparently some training camps have been identified and there is already talk of possible links to Al-Qaeda.

Yeah, I'm loving this.

I'm glad we took a stand against this outrage: the U.S. as usual will have to take charge of a situation that has affected the entire world.

The eagle will fly....

• Members

I don't know any of the details of the French attack. The fact is, there is a time limit on this stuff and the pirates will follow through with killing people. If that is about to happen then you attack and hope you can save as many hostages as possible.

Great news about the American captain though!

Archived