so i've been looking for a five string bass

mobass

• Members

I've narrowed it down to 2. The first is an ibanez sr755, and an mtd kingston kz. I like them both. The thing I dont like about the ibanez is that the narrow string spacing makes it hard to slap on. I like the mtd as well, but I dont know if I want to pay about $1200 for a foregin made instrument.

• Members

I don't care where it's made, or how much it costs.

If the bass is RIGHT for you, make the investment.

Note, how I used the word 'investment' instead of 'purchase'.

I didn't buy any of my basses, I invested in them.

Use that mindframe when shopping and comparing. If you can honestly say to yourself that an instrument gives you no red flags, no hints to walk away, then it's your kind of bass.

I tried my Ibanez Prestige SR 1005 EFM last summer, loved it, walked away, and came back to it 5 months later. And I still loved it.

So, go play both basses. If you can go back a week later and play them and one of them still stands out as a keeper to you, THEN make the investment.

• Members

SON OF A {censored}ING BITCH WHORE MOTHER SLUT

Wait.... 19mm string spacing? Hmmm....

...this might be yours, mate. No competition from my end.

But you SHOULD snag that sucka! Imagine the nasty evil AAARGH tone from those EMG's with that wood selection!!!

• Members

SON OF A {censored}ING BITCH WHORE MOTHER SLUT

Wait.... 19mm string spacing? Hmmm....

...this might be yours, mate. No competition from my end.

But you SHOULD snag that sucka! Imagine the nasty evil
AAARGH
tone from those EMG's with that wood selection!!!

My ONLY holdup from showing up tonight with $850 in cash is that I already have a hard time using my USA MTD in my current setup, so, another similar 5 banger isn't something I exactly need at this point, but this is a pretty special Low B from the looks of it and has some NICE upgrades.

Archived