mesa powerhouse 4x12 vs. 8x10?

redneckmetalhead

• Members

Same here.

I have never played a new/Powerhouse Boogie 810, and I know someone (or a few people here) have the Powerhouse 610, but I would take this thing up against any 810 using the same amp and do a showdown.

And unless you're playing Acme's, I haven't found a whole lotta tens that retain deep bass at high(er) volumes.

I've had the Diesel 610, and this absolutely slays it. I tried to convince myself that 10's + a 12 or 15 work for me, but it's just not true. :) Ever since I first got my pair of Aguilar GS112's, they are just the perfect medium for me and what I play.

My current cab has just been practice-room (at home, at that!) tested, but I'll be gigging it soon so I'll have some real-life reviews coming as soon as I get this out there, bringing ridiculously awesome tone to the masses. :cool:

• Members

And unless you're playing Acme's, I haven't found a whole lotta tens that retain deep bass at high(er) volumes.

I dunno, bud - this past weekend, my Powerhouse 610 was knocking drinks over at only about 1/3 volume with a 700rb-II... We're talking TONS of low end, and was only up around 1/3 volume - any more than that, and I'd be drowning out the FOH... This was in a 600 person hall, with a sizeable PA, btw...

I'm not saying your 412 isn't the {censored}('cause I know it is), but IME, the Mesa Powerhouse 610, and Ampeg's SVT410-HLF and 610-HLF carry ALOT of low end...

- georgestrings

• Members

I dunno, bud - this past weekend, my Powerhouse 610 was knocking drinks over at only about 1/3 volume with a 700rb-II... We're talking TONS of low end, and was only up around 1/3 volume - any more than that, and I'd be drowning out the FOH... This was in a 600 person hall, with a sizeable PA, btw...

I'm not saying your 412 isn't the shit('cause I know it is), but IME, the Mesa Powerhouse 610, and Ampeg's SVT410-HLF and 610-HLF carry ALOT of low end...

- georgestrings

If they are the same dimms of the 412 (at least depth+width, I know not height) then I could probably go along with this.

IIRC the Diesels weren't nearly as deep and thick as this, so I admittedly haven't tried the Powerhouse 610 or 810 simply b/c I'm sticking to 12's. I would like to hear it though. After hearing this thing just at "squeak" levels, I'm not putting anything past Mesa this point! ;)

Archived