Schecter owners and players, sound off!

Jim-Bass

• Members

I had a brand new Stiletto Elite-5 that I didn't like - I returned it, and replaced it with a used Spector Q5 Pro, and am much happier with that... That being said, I also have a Hellraiser-4 that's working very well for me...

The Stiletto Elite-5 didn't play all that well, even after numerous attempts to make it play better - and flat out disappeared in a band mix... whereas, my Hellraiser-4 plays great, and sits perfectly in a band mix - go figure...

If you're set on a Stiletto 5er, I'd go with a Studio, as I think their 3 band EQ is a better preamp than the 2 band on the Elites...

- georgestrings

• Members

i gotta a diamond series custom 5 string. very nice. especially for slap and any rock/metal stoof. dont know about the stilleto basses though. they sound stupid. i mean why on earth make a bass out of a shoe?? has this not acurred to anyone as being a LITTLE niave?!!! :mad:

:lol::facepalm:

• Members

Stiletto Elite five. Love it! It plays great, is very comfortable, and looks great. I've had no issues with setups, or any other problems. I did install Bart pickups and the three band Bart preamp though. It sound incredible. New, I would only go for the Studio model, which sounds very good stock. Much better than the Elite five stock. They're just good sounding, solid basses that are a good deal. And a Studio five through a Peavey Tour head and Tour 115 cab sounds just incredible. One of the best rigs I've ever heard. :cool:

• Members

Studio-5 owner here. I actually did want a Honey Burst Elite-5, but nobody near me had one, so I said screw it, and got the Studio-5 from ebay.

I think it's a great bass, especially for the money. It was my first 5-string, and after all the other models in that price range I played, the Schecter felt like the easiest for me to play. Has a really "hi-fi" sound, which some may not like, but if I need to record something for somebody (like if somebody needs some bass ideas), that's the one I use. Construction wise, I've only had 2 very, very minor issues that aren't even worth describing, one of which was my fault (ahem, make sure you keep your jack nut tight ;) ).

Yeah, I think it's a great bass. I'd never steer anybody away from one. Admittedly, I still play my j-basses 90% of the time, but I never complain when I have to pull out the 5-string.

Archived