I'm starting a new forum club.

slapthefunkyfour

• Members

what happened?

Ok, since you asked.

We were eating breakfast when my daughter pointed out the window and asked what the man was doing up in the tree. My neighbor had 3 guys over in his backyard and they were cutting down some infested cherry trees. The man up in the tree was tying a rope so they could pull it down in the proper place. This tree spit into two sections about 10 feet up. They got it tied off, and started cutting with the chainsaw. All four of them were pulling on the rope. Half of the tree fell exactly where they wanted it, and the other half fell over the fence and onto my carport roof. The funniest part was the look on their faces as they watched the tree crash into my carport. Luckily, the only damage was a very small dent on the raingutter, and a couple busted planks on the fence in between our yards. But the good news is I finally had an excuse to use my chainsaw! I helped them cut it up into manageable pieces.

Later on that day, the neighbors cousin was using a skidsteer to dig the stumps out. He tied a 1/2" logging chain to the bucket on the front of the skidsteer and yanked the first stump out with no problems. While trying to pull the second stump out, the chain snapped and whipped back and hit him in the face. It knocked out a tooth, and broke his jaw. Needless to say, they didn't finish getting the stump out that day.

• Members

While trying to pull the second stump out, the chain snapped and whipped back and hit him in the face. It knocked out a tooth, and broke his jaw. Needless to say, they didn't finish getting the stump out that day.

Ouch! :eek:

I don't want to join your club either...you can keep it exclusive!

• Members

your neighbors seem like a bunch of morons. were they drunk when all of this was happening?

glad the damage was minimal.

man, thinking about taking a chain to the face like that is making my teeth hurt.

They were not drunk. They were very smart with most of this. The neighbors cousin owns a construction company, and he has done a crapload of remodelling. New garage, new landscaping, new driveway, and it has all been done very professionally. I think I'm gonna hire this guy to do my driveway when it is time.

• Members

A tree fell on ME one time.

My club beats your club.

My neighbor, an 85 year old retired logger, belongs to your club. It was also the only time he had ever taken his son to work with him. He fell a tree that got on top of him. I think it hopped the stump or spun, I'm not sure which. His son went tearing down the logging road to get help, and the whole time he was under that tree (which didn't just crush him but also impaled him) all he could think was to worry and hope his boy didn't get himself killed flyin' down the side of that mountain on that old logging road. Tough old bastard, I tell ya. He's like an iron man--like Bruce Willis in "Indestructible".

Archived