Hey BeeTL!

Incubitabus

• Members

Well that took an ugly turn...:thu:

I'll cross-post here to respond:

Well, I put in 8 straight hours on Sunday just getting all this squared away.

That included an iPod touch that got stuck in recovery mode when I attempted to update the software, and failed on two of the three subsequent hour-long restore attempts.

As a result of the restore process, all of my daughter's newest content was lost from the device.

We'll see tomorrow if the content is on her mom's PC.

If not, I'll be making a trip to the Apple Store for a "one time" iTunes purchased content restore.

The positive is that I'm impressed with Apple's tech support, they were with me on three separate calls for easily three of the eight hours.

The negative is I gave up on importing any ripped content from their iPods to the new machines...that requires third party software.

Basically, iTunes assumes that, if you didn't buy it from the iTunes store, it's stolen.

All that said, iTunes is a fine application for my daughter's use (they have been assimilated and ONLY buy from iTunes now), and I am now competent in tech support.

I will look forward to the day (soon?) when DRM is a thing of the past and I can use iTunes as well.

Thanks again!

• Members

Again, thaks for the referrral to 1-800-APL-CARE.

Those guys really helped me a lot.

Honestly...the ripped content isn't a big deal for my daughers.

It's old stuff they won't miss, mostly, and I think I can load it to their iPods from my PC if they want.

It just bugs me because the netbooks don't have CD roms, so they will NEVER have ripped content on them without some kind of workaround.

For my own use, it's a deal breaker.

Maybe I'll tinker with one of the suggested apps on another day when I have a few hours free.

Those days are rare...

• Members

Basically, iTunes assumes that, if you didn't buy it from the iTunes store, it's stolen.

:confused:

Could you elaborate?

I've never had any trouble importing music (like, say, from my CD collection) into iTunes, nor have I ever had trouble importing music files that people have given me.

• Members

:confused:

Could you elaborate?

I've never had any trouble importing music (like, say, from my CD collection) into iTunes, nor have I ever had trouble importing music files that people have given me.

he's rescuing said files from ipods without the original computer, not coming from a CD or from another computer or HD.

Archived