Oldskool McTallica fans come in here...

Super Bass

• Members

You gotta check this album out!

9143_lrg.jpg

I just got it from Amazon a day or two ago. It's a rendition of the Master of Puppets album in its entrity by a full symphony orchestra. Some beautiful music and doesn't get irritating or boring like other similar ones I've heard. (lookin' at you apocalyptica! :mad:)

Here's their version of Orion... breathtaking. :love:

YeU3mNwbLq4&fmt=18

• Members

The problem I have with orchestras playing rock music is they struggle to swing notes properly. It's so much more feel than counting, and they just have to be sooooo mathematically precise. It doesn't work IMO. Also, there are the bent guitar notes that are often a tad flat, and we're used to that--not just used to it, it doesn't sound right if they aren't just a tad flat. Also, vocal phrases that are shouted, flat, and often slide at the end of a phrase.

This one is better than most of what I've heard before, and I think getting more and more classically trained musicians who listen to rock/metal is helping.

• Members

The problem I have with orchestras playing rock music is they struggle to swing notes properly. It's so much more feel than counting, and they just have to be sooooo mathematically precise. It doesn't work IMO. Also, there are the bent guitar notes that are often a tad flat, and we're used to that--not just used to it, it doesn't sound right if they aren't just a tad flat. Also, vocal phrases that are shouted, flat, and often slide at the end of a phrase.

This one is better than most of what I've heard before, and I think getting more and more classically trained musicians who listen to rock/metal is helping.

Yeah, I agree. Most I've heard are too forced or "stiff" sounding. This one sounds great though.

Archived