Series/Parallel jazz bass configuration

Cliff Fiscal

• Members

i just ordered the push pull pot from stewmac. to make the almost $10 shipping seem worth it i got the string action gauge as well. i thought about the entire basic setup kit but no way is that straight edge worth what they want for it.

Hell ya......seems like the worth tonally of the mod is well worth the extreme shipping charges.

+1 on the gauge....one of the better thing I've purchased.

• Members
How do you like it so far?

I'm pretty happy with the tone of it in series. A lot fuller and way more bottom end.

QUOTE]

Yeah I dunno. I hate my sound at the moment. The series wiring improved it but its still not right. I think im gonna put a J/P EMG active set up in it. Might help. Might be a waste of $400. :confused:

• Members

Well, just got my push pull in the mail today.....works pretty good.

Great for A/B'ing the different pickup combos (duh).

Anyway.....I really like how both series and parallel sounds. Series is fatter and punchier....but parallel is growling and better for slap....more twang. :o

One thing I did notice is that it sounds a little brighter with the push/pull in there......:idk: Explain that one?

• Members

Well, just got my push pull in the mail today.....works pretty good.

Great for A/B'ing the different pickup combos (duh).

Anyway.....I really like how both series and parallel sounds. Series is fatter and punchier....but parallel is growling and better for slap....more twang.
:o

One thing I did notice is that it sounds a little brighter with the push/pull in there......
:idk:
Explain that one?

Magic.

Archived