Obscure 'must have' albums.

s4001

• Members

Anything by Lucero (the TN band, not Latina artist). One of the most real bands I have ever encountered. I can't speak highly enough of these guys.

[YOUTUBE]sG_N3bTeuWc[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG_N3bTeuWc

[YOUTUBE]8l9XfX9fLAk[/YOUTUBE]

Couldn't find a studio version of this song, but it's chilling, I'll tell you.

[YOUTUBE]JbmPbndPPPM[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Oh my, this is SO hard to narrow down and choose. I just so happen to be in the midst of a huge project of digitizing and consolidating all my favorite harder-to-find music onto my harddrive. This also happens to be a major passion of mind. But.... I will hereby restrain myself from listing hundreds of items and limit myself to just these (which really ARE essential to life):

51AA7Y8CYML._SL500_AA240_.jpgThis is actually for the original "Doghouse Cassette" that was reissued as part of this cd.

Mlah__6b503350fd320874c8efbe765c619c1c.j

514G94PV03L._SL500_AA24

with+these

51F4VAFWANL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

5128APR027L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

51v1KdcKy1L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

janissary_stomp200W.jpg

8461.jpg

• Members

NoMeansNo - Wrong

The bassist for this band was the reason I started playing, and this is one of the tightest punk albums I've ever heard. And I actually found a live video with great sound quality:thu:

[YOUTUBE]7gtK_4gyf0M[/YOUTUBE]

The Damage Manual - The Damage Manual

An industrial "supergroup" that no one I know has ever heard of. Chris Connelly on vocals, Martin Atkins on drums, Geordie Walker on guitar and Jah Wobble on bass. Great {censored}ing' album!

[YOUTUBE]YmoVIKDlZS8[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

The last time I saw Mike Watt Mr. Wrong opened for him. Amazing show from only one guy. I was about 2 feet in front of him the whole time. :thu:

It was really something seeing two of my biggest influences in the same tiny little club on the same night.

• Members

The last time I saw Mike Watt Mr. Wrong opened for him. Amazing show from only one guy. I was about 2 feet in front of him the whole time.
:thu:

It was really something seeing two of my biggest influences in the same tiny little club on the same night.

That would've been sweet:)

The best Watt combo I saw was him opening for Primus. But Watt definitely comes across better in a club setting.

One of the reasons I love living in BC is getting to see NMN at least once a year:D

And my SO is trying to get Rob to play our wedding:D

• Members

That would've been sweet:)

The best Watt combo I saw was him opening for Primus. But Watt definitely comes across better in a club setting.

One of the reasons I love living in BC is getting to see NMN at least once a year:D

And my SO is trying to get Rob to play our wedding:D

Wow, that would be cool. It was at the Starfish Room that I saw them.

• Members

Been lurking here for years....... finally joined up.

This topic actually came up the other night with a couple of younger bandmates.

My Suggestions:

1972 "Prog Rock" Captain Beyond - (Captain Beyond)

1967 R & B The Temptations In A Mellow Mood - (The Temptations)

Particularly Side 2 of the Captain Beyond album.

Archived