How much is this worth ? (fender active p bass by Squier)

Playerunk

• Members

i was asking since i wanted to buy..

one question though..i read somewhere (wiki or this place) that the first squiers were like this (big fender logo, small squier)..and if this is true..it means that it has some age. And being one of the first squiers.. wouldn't that make it more valuable (from a collectible point of view) ?

pretty noob at bass history :facepalm:

• Moderators

i was asking since i wanted to buy..

one question though..i read somewhere (wiki or this place) that the first squiers were like this (big fender logo, small squier)..and if this is true..it means that it has some age. And being one of the first squiers.. wouldn't that make it more valuable (from a collectible point of view) ?

pretty noob at bass history
:facepalm:

That's a Chinese Squier. It isn't collectible in the same sense the original Japanese Squiers are.

• Members

Fender had a low productionrate when bought from CBS that could barely sustain the States. To satisfy the worldmarket they naturally looked to Japan. Much to their praise Fender in '82 or 3 started making basses and guitars (the JV series) from the original blueprints in the Fuji-Gakki plant in Matsumoto. These would only be for sale in the "rest of the world" and carried the Squier logo not to tarnish the image of a true blue, all American Fender. It took a while for Fender to realize this series was good. IIRC the first instruments exported to the States were Stratocasters.

:blah:

• Members

My uncle has the exact bass. 85 korean very nice. Feel and tone as good as any american I've played. Pre-amp is a little dicy at times but it has been his main player for the last ten years. Would have been a good buy at 4 bones.

Archived