AWESOME strap I will be ordering! IT LOCKS!

Bryan316

• Members

So have I but I prefer the older design. The new ones keep popping apart, they're not even close to the quality of the old original design.

And since I'm running out of the old ones and getting all these new basses lately, I need better options. This one looks killer. At least worthy of buying and test-driving to prove the design. If I get it, I'll do a picstory for everyone.

• Members

So have I but I prefer the older design. The new ones keep popping apart, they're not even close to the quality of the old original design.

And since I'm running out of the old ones and getting all these new basses lately, I need better options. This one looks killer. At least worthy of buying and test-driving to prove the design. If I get it, I'll do a picstory for everyone.

Just make sure you exhaustively test it.

This guy will show you how.....

[YOUTUBE]ixA8cA_fVJc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I've seen those straps and they look pretty nice but I'm not a fan of 2" woven straps. I much prefer something wider for better weight distribution. I'm currently using Grolsch rubber washers for my straplocks but I'll probably try some of these the next time I order from StewMac so I can use them with any strap I choose.

Lokstrap_System_Detail.jpg

• Members

Do not want - I don't like straps that are too slippery or too grabby - leather straps with an unfinished inside and Schaller locks work just fine for me...

Also, although it's an interesting idea, I don't think I'd trust those locks as much as I would some Schallers - I'd worry they'd either break, or get popped off while I'm throwing my bass around...

- georgestrings

• Members

I've seen those straps and they look pretty nice but I'm not a fan of 2" woven straps. I much prefer something wider for better weight distribution. I'm currently using Grolsch rubber washers for my straplocks but I'll probably try some of these the next time I order from
StewMac
so I can use them with any strap I choose.

Lokstrap_System_Detail.jpg

Those are the ones my brother and I stocked up on. Every trip to Canadia, we'd hit a store that had these, and buy them out. Nobody sold them around here.

Now, they're reshaped and redesigned to look like a giant guitar pick, and the two halves keep popping apart and falling off. Total {censored}ing horse {censored} production. Worthless now. And the newer ones are the ONLY ones stocked in the stores around here. Great. Now they stock em... the {censored}TY ones. :mad:

• Members

Do not want - I don't like straps that are too slippery or too grabby - leather straps with an unfinished inside and Schaller locks work just fine for me...

Also, although it's an interesting idea, I don't think I'd trust those locks as much as I would some Schallers - I'd worry they'd either break, or get popped off while I'm throwing my bass around...

- georgestrings

They're plastic. They're still fragile and can crack. But they'd be fine as a backup strap or to throw on one of my spare basses. On stage? Mmmm... I'll buy one and test out its durability.

Besides, I'd end up cutting off the strap material and attach these to a cool leather strap. If I can't customize it, I don't want it! :lol:

• Members

Those are the ones my brother and I stocked up on. Every trip to Canadia, we'd hit a store that had these, and buy them out. Nobody sold them around here.

Now, they're reshaped and redesigned to look like a giant guitar pick, and the two halves keep popping apart and falling off. Total {censored}ing horse {censored} production. Worthless now. And the newer ones are the ONLY ones stocked in the stores around here. Great. Now they stock em... the {censored}TY ones.
:mad:

Interesting. I've never seen them in person but thought they looked like a good idea.

If you want to try the Grolsch washers without buying the beer just head to your local hardware store and buy some black rubber washers. I did this when setting up a friend's bass and even my little local store had lots of options. Looks like that's what this guy did, too.

11_06.jpg

• Members

I have the first design planet wave strap. totally indestructable. The newer ones don;t seem to be as well made. I do like the portability though. I did just get one of their new dare straps however and my back really likes that strap with my metal necked bass and the neck dive has been totally cured.

Archived