would my mag 300 head be enough to power 2 410 cabs?

carrythetradish

• Members

We don't know he's not playing large out door venues, do we?
;)

If he's doing that his band will sound much better if he let's the PA w/ subs carry the bass.

I can't say I've ever seen a band sound good in a large outdoor venue without the PA carrying the sound, including the bass.

That's not to say it CAN'T be done, but man it's gonna be next to impossible to get a good mix out front without creating a 30 foot blast (your head off, that is) zone in front of the stage.

Cuz chances are if he's doing that, then the guitarist is gonna be cranking his stage volume too, and the drummer's gonna be beatin the {censored} out of the kit: all to make up for inadequate PA.

The last big outdoor gig I did like that w/ inadequate PA was a disaster: I had plenty of watts onstage, believe that.

We ALL did.

That was the problem: either the bass wasn't loud enough or the vocals couldn't be heard, or the guitar was flashlighting and blowing peoples heads off, until they stepped to the side and then you couldn't hear enough guitar.....just a disaster.

• Members

If he's doing that his band will sound much better if he let's the PA w/ subs carry the bass.

I can't say I've ever seen a band sound good in a large outdoor venue without the PA carrying the sound, including the bass.

That's not to say it CAN'T be done, but man it's gonna be next to impossible to get a good mix out front without creating a 30 foot blast (your head off, that is) zone in front of the stage.

But, but, what about his EGO??? :(

• Members

But, but, what about his EGO???
:(

I've noticed that an ego or "desire" to rock is quickly replaced by a busted back. :lol:

It's funny how quickly that desire gives way to practicality....:lol:

Not saying everyone's gotta have wimp gear - but 2 4x10's is a lot of stuff to load in and out; gets old pretty quick.

I'd love to run my 4x10 and 1x15 together for the big dumb rock gigs, but my little dumb back has other ideas (plus I've gotta haul and setup the PA) ;)

• Members

I've always figured, a quality 1x15 with around 300W behind it should be sufficient for a rock gig. It's enough to give you permanent hearing loss.

That said, I can clearly appreciate a 2x10 atop a 1x15 though. I can also appreciate 600W atop that stack for clean headroom. But anything more than that seems pretty excessive.

• Members

I can clearly appreciate a 2x10 atop a 1x15 though. I can also appreciate 600W atop that stack for clean headroom.

That's pretty close to what I run when I play live with a band. I've got the 2x10 atop the 1x15, but only 475 watts going into them. Still...I've never had a problem being heard with it. :thu:

Archived