Giggling at others gear!

Funkee1

• Members

Please tell me this isn't about locker rooms.

• Members

I used Crate for 10 years.

I used a Peavey Basic 60 combo for several years including for a few live gigs. Then I got my first real amp. A Hartke 3500. Still, I couldn't afford to buy a cab until after I graduated from college...

Still have the Basic 60 combo. I use it when I'm practicing at my computer.

• Members

I used a Peavey Basic 60 combo for several years including for a few live gigs. Then I got my first
real
amp. A Hartke 3500. Still, I couldn't afford to buy a cab until after I graduated from college...

Still have the Basic 60 combo. I use it when I'm practicing at my computer.

I had a Basic 60. I drove that mofo into the ground, but damn it took a beating until then.

• Members

played a show once with another band where every goddamn dude in the band was playing one of those import dime guitars with the crazy flames and green {censored} all over them.. even the {censored}ing bassist had one! All those dudes were rocking budget GC "hybrid halfstack"-type false-assed amps as well, if I recall. I don't expect bands to use expensive gear before I take them seriously but these guys were total amateurs and waaaaaay old enough to know better. Even their huge girlfriends had giant beards.

The worst part of it all is that their midwestern buttmetal was so weak I could still make out what the awful drummer was trying to play through the wall of bees.

After their set I smacked their singer in the teeth with a miller lite bottle. I didn't even drink it first.

• Members

I had a Basic 60. I drove that mofo into the ground, but damn it took a beating until then.

I have a basic12, the more recent version. It sounds great, weighs as much as my 200 watt Yorkie combo, and hasn't ever let me down. I'll probably be buried with that amp

• Members

It's the real deal. AFAIC it would be just a pointless for someone to giggle at this as any of my other rigs.

I was referring to the wall of Traynor. You show this "little" stack to get people laughing at you, then drop the curtain on the rig behind it, the old bait and switch.

Archived