Ibanez RB885 replacement??

Pax

• Members

Hey all,

I usually hang out in Live Sound but I've got a question for all you knowledgeable bassists. I've had an Ibanez RB885 for the past 10 years and we had a house fire that damaged it and I am looking for THE replacement for this great bass. The insurance company insists that I replace with as close as possible to the original item. Can anyone tell me what current Ibanez bass would be the replacement for my sweet 5 string bass?

Thanks

Pax

PS. I did use the search and failed to find my answer. :(

• Members

If you want exactly that, then anything with five strings and some soapbars should get you close-ish. Maybe try to find another one used? I dunno much about this model. Sorry about the fire, man.
:(
That's a big bummer.

Thanks for the reply. Ya, I would just like to know what would be the closest new Ibanez to this particular model. Although I've played bass all my life, I'm not much of a gear head when it comes to my basses. I think this one is only my 3rd bass total and I really love the way she feels and plays.

Thanks

• Members

I'd pick the Ibanez that you want and tell them "that's it".

I'd personally go with this one:

SR5005EOL.gif

Ibanez Prestige SR5005E

Dan

Hey Dan, thanks for your input. I think your absolutely right about choosing my own preference, and that's what I am gonna do. That truly is a sweet looking bass. I'm gonna have to try to find one here locally.

Thanks

Pax

• Members

Those basses are top notch. I'm really a fan of Ibanez basses. Their necks are so easy to play!

That is soooo true. When I found mine, I wasn't even looking for a bass. I went into a shop looking for an amp. In wanting to hear the amp I just pointed to a bass behind the counter and said "Hand that to me so I can hear this amp." As I started to play, I just marveled at the neck and action on this nice thin neck. I just totally fell in love with it and ended up walking out with a bass I wasn't even looking for. BTW, the amp was very poor.

One SWEET bass though.

Pax

Archived