Death Cab for Cutie - I Will Possess Your Heart

Rowka

• Members

I was so anti Death Cab for so long but could never figure out why.

I think it's because they are labeled emo-y, teeny, pop band. I love their radio played songs, especially "I Will Possess Your Heart". I think I might have to DL stuff on iTunes.

• Moderators

When the Forbidden Love EP came out in 2000 I was sold. Most bands I've liked for a span of time have had some good measure of success and often my interest in their music continues to grow through that success, but not so with DCFC. The Photo Album is my favorite of theirs, though I still listen to everything before it. I think Transatlanticism was a breakthrough in Chris's production and a great album devoid of great songs. Since then Chris has really shown how well he shines in the studio with a number of other groups, but my interest in DCFC has waned.

• Moderators

The album that "I will possess your heart" is on,
Narrow Stairs
, is great the whole way through. I really like it.

My post came off as too down on their recent material. I'm still a fan and that album is good. I just like the prior albums more.

• Members

My band just started playing this song. I like it in spite of my totally baseless dislike for the band (or at least my perception of the band).

WRT the video....that isn't even the full length video....they have an 8:30 version on their website :eek:

I love the full-length video:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid13759187001?bclid=9413854001&bctid=1705680543

I can't think of many non-orchestral tracks that can be so repetitive and yet so totally engrossing to me...

• Members

My band just started playing this song. I like it in spite of my totally baseless dislike for the band (or at least my perception of the band).

WRT the video....that isn't even the full length video....they have an 8:30 version on their website
:eek:

I meant to post the full length 8:30. I fixed the original link, but here it is again: http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid13759187001?bclid=9413854001&bctid=1496528562

Archived