Hey Canada, what's up with Broomball?

Hearafter

• Members

I got suckered into heading up to Vancouver (Washington, not BC) to play a game of Broomball tonight. Wife is going to take pics.

Since I play hockey, this seems like it could be fun, especially with a few PBRs in me. However, since I play hockey, this seems like it could be pretty um... Clay Aiken... too.

Anyone ever played?

• Members

Kind of like street hockey but with more chances for cracking your skull.

Not a bad description. :D

Last New Year's, I ended up playing with some friends when I was in Detroit. I decided to play goalie since my knee had recently mended and I didn't want to hurt it again. I fell on my other knee like three times and decided "screw it, if I'm gonna fall anyway, I don't want to play goal"...Started playing in transition, didn't fall once :D

Actually ended up scoring a hat trick, including one on a fast break (the first in my years of messing around with broomball. My shoes were evidently perfect for running on ice :confused:)

• Members

It was really fun, but I am in tremendous pain today. Knees look like giant pomegranites, bruised/swollen toe, and my back feels like it went through a wood chipper. Started off in goal, trashed my knees doing that, so I went out to play forward. Got 1 goal and 2 assists. There was some girl taking pictures, so when I get them, I'll post a few... with as much as people were falling, there's probably some hilarious ones.

Surprisingly... hockey is easier.

Archived