OT: The Heroes season finale! (Spoiler alert!!)

Funkee1

• Members

Ok. The season wandered a tad too much, but they went out with a bang!! That was a very satisfying season finale.

My only quibble was with the big battle between Sylar and the Petrelli brothers. Claire closes the door while Nathan and peter attack sylar, and then we see her eye, looking inbetween the doors, ans lights flash, and fight sounds occur.

What? You didn't have enough special effects budget to show us the fight??? God that was cheesy!!!

Other than that, good episode, good season. Not as good as the first, but a big improvement over the second! I am anxiously awaiting another one. They may have staved off shark jumping............for now.

• Members

Gotta disagree somewhat, Funkee. This entire season has been ripping off storylines that were already here. The whole "super soldier" thing from the first part was a rip off of Captain America, and the "let's hunt the people with powers" draws far too heavily on the Sentinel storylines from the X-Men.

I wasn't that impressed with the ending, and thought it left open far too many things than answered them.

• Members
Gotta disagree somewhat, Funkee. This entire season has been ripping off storylines that were already here. The whole "super soldier" thing from the first part was a rip off of Captain America, and the "let's hunt the people with powers" draws far too heavily on the Sentinel storylines from the X-Men.

I wasn't that impressed with the ending, and thought it left open far too many things than answered them.

I see your point, but since the whole show is ripped from other sources, especially X-men, I've already forgiven them for that.Side note: Isn't it interesting how Sci- Fi actors keep getting recycled? Did anyone else notice President Worf? :D

• Members

Hey man... it's a major prime-time television drama, FOR NERDS ACROSS THE WORLD. Be happy someone even came up with a working theme and didn't suck doing it!

And I like the idea of not seeing the actual battle. HELLA anticipation.

"This clock's a minute and a half fast."

OOOOOOOOOH! This is gonna be {censored}ING HORRIBLE next season! I can't wait!!! Hey Pete, your brother's dead, dude! Hey Claire, your daddy's dead! Hey Hiro, your buddy LIED TO THE WORLD to keep a memory alive! Hey.... is that a nekkid Niki in my room?

• Members

I thought as season finales go, this one wasn't very ... final. It seemed more like a convenient point to pause.

SPOILERS BELOW!!!!

Also, I don't understand why they didn't just have Peter impersonate his brother for a while. I mean, what the hell? And since he stole Sylar's powers all he'd have to do is be Nathan for a while, then fake Nathan's death (which would be easy due to the whole healing thing) and then go back to being Peter. Kill off Sylar.

I don't know. The whole episode smacked of shark jumping to me. Not as much as the season finale of "Chuck," though. I'm expecting the next season of THAT show to be renamed "Suck."

• Members

I see your point, but since the whole show is ripped from other sources, especially X-men, I've already forgiven them for that.

Side note: Isn't it interesting how Sci- Fi actors keep getting recycled? Did anyone else notice President Worf?
:D

Yeah, I know. But for me, there is a fine line between "borrowing heavily from" and "if we change this name to that, it's a new storyline!!!"

I DID catch President Worf. That was pretty cool!

• Members

"This clock's a minute and a half fast."

OOOOOOOOOH! This is gonna be {censored}ING HORRIBLE next season! I can't wait!!! Hey Pete, your brother's dead, dude! Hey Claire, your daddy's dead! Hey Hiro, your buddy LIED TO THE WORLD to keep a memory alive! Hey.... is that a nekkid Niki in my room?

They could've left that for next season. I thought it was pretty much assumed as soon as they had Sylar believe he's really Nathan that it opened the door for an evil Nathan; we didn't need that pointed out five minutes after the fact.

Archived