What's the word on the Squier Vintage Modified TB bass?

Kid Klash

• Members

To start, I'm a guitarist and don't know squat about inexpensive basses. An old friend that played bass many years ago is thinking about buying one of these Squier Tele basses :

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier-by-Fender-Vintage-Modified-Precision-Bass-TB-519758-i1276125.gc

It looks very cool, and it's priced right ($300). Does anyone have one of these, or has anyone played one? How's it sound? The single humbucker looks intriguing...

:confused:

THANKS!

• Members

I've tried American made telebasses and they rock. Squier basses are the same as the guitars. You can get a great one or a lousy one, you just have to try a bunch or take a chance. They vary too much between model to really give you a solid answer. Sorry I can't be more help.

• Members

I've heard that the Vintage Modified series is pretty consistant, quality-wise...

This, but if you are looking for a good all around bass, don't get that one, get the 75' RI or the P. That's a bit of a one trick pony of a bass in terms of tone. They don't call it a Mudbucker for nothing.

Archived