A video too good not to share! ENJOY!!

Perfessor

• Members

Wow... That guy from Netherlands' voice gave me the chills.

I'm guessing all that's actually coordinated. That guy in the background of the one who starts playing looks like he's doing heck of a lot more than just being the soundman.

How to deal with delay would be a problem over those distances, though...

• Members

Wow... That guy from Netherlands' voice gave me the chills.

I'm guessing all that's actually coordinated. That guy in the background of the one who starts playing looks like he's doing heck of a lot more than just being the soundman.

How to deal with delay would be a problem over those distances, though...

Did he ever. Wow!

It was co-ordinated in that they all were asked to sing/play the same song and we're fed a track in the headphones for continuity in tempo and song parts. Each part was recorded separately. There is a field recorder (Nagra) visible in the background in a few of them.

Then it was put together track by track and mixed to make it what it was. Simply amazing. It moved me big time.

You sir, just made my day. Thanks. :)

• Members

It looks like it's layered. One track at a time, player by player, country by country. One guy with a recording device and a great idea.
:thu:

This is correct. The first guy in the video played the song start to finish and then the camera guy/sound guy took that around the world and had everyone add in parts. Mix later, cut the video, and presto.

There's a version of Bob Marley's One Love floating around. I know you can find it on Bob's website (www.bobmarley.com)

Archived