Chrysler to file for bankruptcy...

zachoff

• Members

I drive the 300 and Charger on a fairly regular basis.

They are good product.

I've got no use for the minivans (Ford E350 van rules), but there is a market for them.

Chrysler and GM have way too many brands.

How hard is it to dump redundant and money losing product???

• Members

I drive the 300 and Charger on a fairly regular basis.

They are good product.

I've got no use for the minivans (Ford E350 van rules), but there is a market for them.

Chrysler and GM have way too many brands.

How hard is it to dump redundant and money losing product???

Or to actually focus and quit wasting money building one off POS's that nobody buys... Ford Flex? Chevrolet SSR? Chrysler Crossfire?

Seriously, the "Big Three" are in trouble need to focus their collective efforts on the cars that average people actually buy.

• Members

Or to actually focus and quit wasting money building one off POS's that nobody buys... Ford Flex? Chevrolet SSR? Chrysler Crossfire?

Seriously, the "Big Three" are in trouble need to focus their collective efforts on the cars that average people actually buy.

I remember reading murmurs of conglomeration when it was first revealed last year that the Big 3 were about to go down the {censored}ter.

What ever happened to that?

IMO I'd rather learn to "get along" with a "foe" than just vanish into thin air. Just me I guess...

• Members

what makes me crazy is that all the senior management who drove this thing into the ground over the last decade, will all remain employed as senior management or get other jobs as senior management

• Members

what makes me crazy is that all the senior management who drove this thing into the ground over the last decade, will all remain employed as senior management or get other jobs as senior management

Every body has their style and opinions. I read consumer reports car issues and they get the worst reviews for every car they produce. None are ever recommended and they are one of the lowest performing manufacturers based on their polls.

I trust their reports. I had 1 ford {censored}us and it was the worst ever. It had 1 million recalls.

I bought a Subaru Forester used and have had no issues.

Me love Jap cars.

• Members

Exactly. Union leaders are pretty secure as well.

Same problem Wall St execs have.

• Members

...because the designs they've come up with that average people buy for the past few decade have been lame lame lame. :p

• Members

...because the designs they've come up with that average people buy for the past few decade have been lame lame lame.
:p

Totally. I'm guessing the design meeting goes sort of like this..

Exec: "Joe, I need you to work on a design for the 2012 Chrysler Sebring. Now, don't go too crazy... Our core market is 50-60 year old conservative women and we wouldn't want to go turning them away from their favorite car."

Joe: "OK, but don't you think if we freshened it up a bit we could open up the car to new mark...

Exec: "You're paid to design. I'm paid to come up with the corporate vision."

• Members

Every body has their style and opinions. I read consumer reports car issues and they get the worst reviews for every car they produce. None are ever recommended and they are one of the lowest performing manufacturers based on their polls.

I trust their reports. I had 1 ford {censored}us and it was the worst ever. It had 1 million recalls.

I bought a Subaru Forester used and have had no issues.

Me love Jap cars.

I love my Fords - 2008 Mustang Bullitt and 1998 E350 Club Wagon.:love:

I've had Volvos, VWs (long time VW fan), a Mitsubishi (built in USA with UAW labor), Fords, and Chevys.

IME, Ford builds a damn good product. There is no reason to buy foreign.

Remember, the job you save might be your own.

Archived