Craig Ferguson...

bassman1956

• Members

Me too. If I am still up when he's on I'll always put it on and set the timer to turn off when I go to bed. I'm ready to sleep by the time he's done his monologue, but that's the best part of the show any way.

That guys seriously funny, and it's largely ad-lib and off the cuff when he has his best moments. That's a real comedian at work right there. :thu:

• Members

I never knew what happened to Kilborne, but I like him pretty well anyway.
:thu:

IIRC he just decided to move on. I was reading some mag right before his last shows and they asked what he was doing next and he said taking some time off.

Apparently a lot. :lol:

• Members

Yeah... he's pretty good. :thu: I really got into his style after watching The Big Tease.

But Spike Feresten is still my favorite (he recently beat out Letterman in my top talk shows).

I still haven't watched Jimmy Fallon yet. I gotta get on that. I never liked Leno so it's not on my internal clock.

• Members

IIRC he just decided to move on. I was reading some mag right before his last shows and they asked what he was doing next and he said taking some time off.

Apparently a lot.
:lol:

Lol no kidding! I've only seen him in "Old School" and "The Benchwarmers", where he was GREAT!

"Gus, Gus BUS!"

"Why don't you settle down or I'll have my 12 year old kick your ass!"

That movie is severely underrated. It has some excellent one-liners in there.

"Wow Brad, you have REALLY not slimmed down!"

• Members

Yeah... he's pretty good.

But Spike Feresten is still my favorite (he recently beat out Letterman in my top talk shows).

I still haven't watched Jimmy Fallon yet. I gotta get on that. I never liked Leno so it's not on my internal clock.

I can't stand Fallon, he's failing miserably IMO.

• Members

I can't stand Fallon, he's failing miserably IMO.

I don't doubt it. He was a bit piece on SNL, which is in their {censored}tiest run of all time. There's about 1000 people in showbiz/entertainment better suited for that job. Hell, put Amy Poehler and Will Arnett as the co-hosts!! That would rock! :thu:

• Members

I don't doubt it. He was a bit piece on SNL, which is in their {censored}tiest run of all time. There's about 1000 people in showbiz/entertainment better suited for that job. Hell, put Amy Poehler and Will Arnett as the co-hosts!! That would rock!

When Leno was set to retire I prayed that it would be Ferguson that replaced him. No luck.

When Conan made the move I prayed that it would be Ferguson that replaced him. No luck.

Now I need to stay up an hour later to be really entertained. :cry:

How's the heart holding up Dave? :lol:

• Members

One person I'd really like to see do a talk show... Vince Vaughn.

He'll probably never do it. But I've seen him fill-in for Letterman and the guy is pure brilliance as a talk show host.

Yeah I'd imagine he'd be able to easily keep his cool and throw in stuff to keep it moving.

• Members

Turd Ferguson?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have that on tape somewhere! :D :D

Great {censored}! Some of the best SNL stuff ever (IMO). Along with:

"Buck Futters!"

and...

"What's the difference between you and a mallard with a cold? One's a sick duck and I can't remember how it ends, but your mother's a whore."

and...

46306282_b6720d20cc.jpg

• Members

When Leno was set to retire I prayed that it would be Ferguson that replaced him. No luck.

When Conan made the move I prayed that it would be Ferguson that replaced him. No luck.

Now I need to stay up an hour later to be really entertained.
:cry:

How's the heart holding up Dave?

Dave was seriously sick last night, no voice, did the show anyways. Had the cue card guy read the monolog, had Paul read the Top 10, etc. But he made it through. Wouldn't surprise me if there was a guest host tonight.

• Members

I don't doubt it. He was a bit piece on SNL, which is in their {censored}tiest run of all time. There's about 1000 people in showbiz/entertainment better suited for that job. Hell, put Amy Poehler and Will Arnett as the co-hosts!! That would rock!

Did you watch the SNL best of Amy Poehler last week? Holy {censored}... Funny. :thu:

• Members

I have that on tape somewhere!
:D
:D

Great {censored}! Some of the best SNL stuff ever (IMO). Along with:

"Buck Futters!"

and...

"What's the difference between you and a mallard with a cold? One's a sick duck and I can't remember how it ends, but your mother's a whore."

and...

What about the Cork Soakers?

Archived