OT: Anyone looking forward to the new Star Trek?

zachoff

• Members

Ya know... I kinda am. I like the originals, but never got into the series. This new one seems to be taking a different spin on the Trek. If it does, die-hard trekkies will probably hate it, and call them sell-outs, and blast them on the internet...

• Members

Ya know... I kinda am. I like the originals, but never got into the series. This new one seems to be taking a different spin on the Trek. If it does, die-hard trekkies will probably hate it, and call them sell-outs, and blast them on the internet...

I'm not a "die-hard", but I've seen all of the movies more than once and watched TNG pretty religiously back in the day... Still watch it on G4 sometimes. :thu:

Anyway, I think the trailer makes it look pretty epic. I'm super stoked to see it.

• Members

I'm not a "die-hard", but I've seen all of the movies more than once and watched TNG pretty religiously back in the day... Still watch it on G4 sometimes.
:thu:

Anyway, I think the trailer makes it look pretty epic. I'm super stoked to see it.

I was thinking like how the old-school Metallica fans reacted to the Black Album... or whichever one it was that pissed em all off.:D

I just have to imagine that some old-school trekkies are gonna write it off as the Trek's version of Jar-Jar Binks.

Archived