OT: Loan problem and lender not helping

vanlatte

• Members

So I am still going back and forth with a certain well known bank that I have a loan with and have been trying to get caught up for the past couple of months. I got behind in payments and have spent hours on the phone with these yahoos trying to get it worked out.

I thought arrangements were made about a month ago, they transferred me to their "Borrowers Counseling" service and they did a credit check and gave me a two month plan to get caught up; all parties were happy with the arrangement. I was supposed to get something in the mail that I was to sign and return.

I never got it. So my loan is still marked as delinquent.

I am at my wits end here; every time I call this company I have to start over from square one, explain the situation and try to get it worked out. It doesn't help that it takes 3 or 4 tries to actually get through; what happens is after wading through the button menu I get put on hold and hear "Your call cannot be completed. Please hang up and try again". And then I get dropped. :mad:

Is this something I can take to Better Business or something? I am so tired of calling these guys several times a week, wasting hours (literally) navigating their piss poor system, having to explain my situation over and over and over and never seeing anything resolve.

I have been doing everything in my power to get this taken care of but this company keeps jerking me around.

What are my options? :confused:

• Members

Step 1: Never go through the phone menu. Go to gethuman.com and find out how to connect directly to a person. From now on when you talk to someone, ask them for a direct extension in case you have any more questions. Then you can at least document your circumstances better. Beyond that, I'm not much help, but this is at least something.

• Members

Step 1: Never go through the phone menu. Go to
and find out how to connect directly to a person. From now on when you talk to someone, ask them for a direct extension in case you have any more questions. Then you can at least document your circumstances better. Beyond that, I'm not much help, but this is at least something.

That site is rad. Thanks!

• Members

So I am still going back and forth with a certain well known bank that I have a loan with and have been trying to get caught up for the past couple of months. I got behind in payments and have spent hours on the phone with these yahoos trying to get it worked out.

I thought arrangements were made about a month ago, they transferred me to their "Borrowers Counseling" service and they did a credit check and gave me a two month plan to get caught up; all parties were happy with the arrangement. I was supposed to get something in the mail that I was to sign and return.

I never got it. So my loan is still marked as delinquent.

I am at my wits end here; every time I call this company I have to start over from square one, explain the situation and try to get it worked out. It doesn't help that it takes 3 or 4 tries to actually get through; what happens is after wading through the button menu I get put on hold and hear "Your call cannot be completed. Please hang up and try again". And then I get dropped.
:mad:

Is this something I can take to Better Business or something? I am so tired of calling these guys several times a week, wasting hours (literally) navigating their piss poor system, having to explain my situation over and over and over and never seeing anything resolve.

I have been doing everything in my power to get this taken care of but this company keeps jerking me around.

What are my options?
:confused:

I wonder if you can pay your past-dues with a credit card, refinance (with another company), and pay off your credit card w/ cash from the refi. Just a thought.

• Members

Step 1: Never go through the phone menu. Go to
gethuman.com
and find out how to connect directly to a person. From now on when you talk to someone, ask them for a direct extension in case you have any more questions. Then you can at least document your circumstances better. Beyond that, I'm not much help, but this is at least something.

Wow, thats a good tip. Thanks.

Guess I have no choice but to call back and start taking names...Gawd I hate this kind of run around. :mad::mad::mad:

• Members

Wow, thats a good tip. Thanks.

Guess I have no choice but to call back and start taking names...Gawd I hate this kind of run around.

Yeah, it sucks royally to have to deal with this {censored}. Persistence is your best weapon. I recently had a student loan payment that was applied incorrectly. The end result is that I was going to appear in default even though I had continuously paid extra for the past 2 years. Its important to not just call, but repeatedly follow up. I called on a Monday to get everything corrected. I called again on Thursday to verify that those corrections were being made and then called again the following Monday to verify that those corrections had all completely processed. It was a nuisance to me, but I'm not going to count on John/Jane Doe (from who knows where) to get things right when my financial life could possibly be on the line.

• Members

I wonder if you can pay your past-dues with a credit card, refinance (with another company), and pay off your credit card w/ cash from the refi. Just a thought.

Sounds a bit Ponzi...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yeah, it sucks royally to have to deal with this {censored}. Persistence is your best weapon. I recently had a student loan payment that was applied incorrectly. The end result is that I was going to appear in default even though I had continuously paid extra for the past 2 years. Its important to not just call, but repeatedly follow up. I called on a Monday to get everything corrected. I called again on Thursday to verify that those corrections were being made and then called again the following Monday to verify that those corrections had all completely processed. It was a nuisance to me, but I'm not going to count on John/Jane Doe (from who knows where) to get things right when my financial life could possibly be on the line.

This is my usual approach to this kind of thing. So far it's not working very well with this particular company. I have had calls from these guys every day for the past three days, and every person I talk to tells me that the previous employee was incorrect; so it seems no matter what sort of agreement I come to, no matter how high in the chain they claim to be, the next day I have to start all over again.

The latest was pretty monty python-esque; the extra money I sent in an attempt to catch up (on the advice of their loss mitigation unit) was sitting in suspension. The arrangement I made had that money being the very first payment; they were supposed to apply it in lieu of a regular payment. Well, they never did apply it. So they told me that "I" broke the plan. :mad: I pretty much went off on them and escalated a couple times; about an hour and three people later I got a supervisor (supposedly) and she said she would take care of it; I got her name and ID #.

Surprise surprise, the very next day I get another call. I explain everything, including the Supers name and ID but he tells me that she was also mistaken, that I am still delliquent and I have to set up another repayment plan. The reasoning? The extra money I sent with the first two payments (which add up to $400) is in what they call suspension, and it cant be used for anything until there is enough there for an entire payment. It must be a coincidence that the agreement we came to had my first payment of exactly $400.....which is my money, sitting there doing nothing.

So I go through the whole mess again and ask for some sort of customer service department because I have a HELL of a lot of complaining to do. Apparently there is no customer service number at Wells Fargo (ooops! I have said too much! :rolleyes:

Guy gives me a fax number...no kidding, I have to FAX in my concerns/complaints and hope a human not only looks at it, but takes the time to respond to me.

This kind of activity should be criminal. :mad:

Oh, and in case I didnt mention it this company is WELLS FARGO.

I feel like shouting it from the roof tops.

• Members

I'm convinced that most customer "service" lines and their representatives deliberately confuse, delay, frustrate, and otherwise bob sagat up any attempt to resolve a dispute. I mean, from their end, if they can bury their customer in BS for long enough, some percentage of them will give in and do what the company wants them to do, including paying an erroneous charge, just to avoid dealing with them. It's not unreasonable to see a point of diminishing returns in spending hours dealing with these bastards versus paying an $8 disputed charge.

• Members

I'm convinced that most customer "service" lines and their representatives deliberately confuse, delay, frustrate, and otherwise bob sagat up any attempt to resolve a dispute. I mean, from their end, if they can bury their customer in BS for long enough, some percentage of them will give in and do what the company wants them to do, including paying an erroneous charge, just to avoid dealing with them. It's not unreasonable to see a point of diminishing returns in spending hours dealing with these bastards versus paying an $8 disputed charge.

The cynic in me agrees with this.

Is there really nothing we can do about it?! Just sit and take it?

• Members

As soon as I read your problem, I wondered if it was Wells Fargo. We had an escrow issue with them a few years ago and it was pure hell trying to get it taken care of.

I'd contact your Attorney General.

• Members

As soon as I read your problem, I wondered if it was Wells Fargo. We had an escrow issue with them a few years ago and it was pure hell trying to get it taken care of.

I'd contact your Attorney General.

Interesting...did you end up contacting your Attorney General?

I have to admit I have no idea how to go about that...:confused:

• Members

Sounds a bit Ponzi...

Not at all. All you have to do is pay Vanlatte's credit card bill, then we'll get i_wanna_les_paul to pay you back, with interest. Lug will be along to pay back i_wanna_les_paul, and so on and so on. Don't worry, I'll handle all the details. Send the checks to me and I'll make sure the money gets where it needs to be. :thu:

Sucks Vanlatte. I have no words of advice, but it sounds like it sucks. Hang in there and keep at it. I get the feeling that persistence will somehow be rewarded.

• Members

We had quite a few issues with Wells Fargo. The kicker for us was when they changed their website to one that didn't allow Mac users with Firefox or Safari on the site. I found this out when I was unable to log in. I sent an email to them explaining that I all of a sudden couldn't log on to their site and they sent me an email suggesting that I log on to their site to have my issue resolved. :facepalm:

• Members

you need to speak with someone with experience who has the power to actually do something. Most of the customer service reps are young, inexperienced, and have no empathy or concern for your situation because they have no reference point. That's why you need an older experienced supervisor to assist or go visit a branch and speak to an officer personally. This should get your situation rectified.

• Members

you need to speak with someone with experience who has the power to actually do something
. Most of the customer service reps are young, inexperienced, and have no empathy or concern for your situation because they have no reference point. That's why you need an older experienced supervisor to assist or go visit a branch and speak to an officer personally. This should get your situation rectified.

I know this, believe me I know this.

It is easier said than done...short of walking into a branch I don't know how I can do more than I already have. And that is next on my list if this silliness goes on.

• Members

Wells Fargo sucks. I would just go to a branch office and do it. You can leave with copies of all paperwork. pain in the ass to find one and actually take time off to go, but at least you will be finished.

Archived