We're talking about grilling, and talking about pizza...so...

Svi

• Members

I think I started a thread about this last year. The grilled pizza experiment.

And damnit. It's good stuff.

Has anyone else done it?

Get a grill going, with coals on one side. Take a flat piece of dough and throw it direct on a well oiled grate. Let it bubble a bit. Flip it over to the indirect side and put on your toppings (olive oil/garlic, tomato sauce, garlic sausage, roasted red peppers, goat cheese, apples, blue cheese, red onions, fresh mozz, etc. Lots of good combos there!). Cover till cheese melts and you are good to go.

• Members

I think I started a thread about this last year. The grilled pizza experiment.

And damnit. It's good stuff.

Has anyone else done it?

Get a grill going, with coals on one side. Take a flat piece of dough and throw it direct on a well oiled grate. Let it bubble a bit. Flip it over to the indirect side and put on your toppings (olive oil/garlic, tomato sauce, garlic sausage, roasted red peppers, goat cheese, apples, blue cheese, red onions, fresh mozz, etc. Lots of good combos there!). Cover till cheese melts and you are good to go.

If it's grilled, it's not pizza.

If it has goat cheese on it, it's not pizza.

If it has apples on it, it's not pizza.

If it has blue cheese on it, it's not pizza.

• Members

:mad:

• Members

it may not fit your definition of pizza, but it most certainly is pizza. it's pizza as much as chineese food is chineese food here in america. call it american style pizza if you feel you must, but it's pizza either way.

• Members

it may not fit your definition of pizza, but it most certainly is pizza. it's pizza as much as chineese food is chineese food here in america. call it american style pizza if you feel you must, but it's pizza either way.

People that live or grew up anywhere near NYC or New Haven have a very different (and correct) idea of what most Americans will call pizza.

• Members

I have a friend who LOVES to grill pizza! He takes frozen "self-rising" pizzas and doctors them up with add'l topping. He has the right type of grill for it tho too, so makes it easier. I don't have the right grill to do it.

• Members

You're welcome to your narrow-minded view of what is pizza, but your definition is a variation of the original....I liken that attitude to the Fundamentlists Christians who insist that God made the world in 7 days, without any room for interpretation. Yet their definition of a day, and the definition of a day for the people who wrote the creation story are two different things. Not on any historical or factual basis, but because it's their interpretation it HAS to be true..and discredits any other interpretation.

• Members

what?

You decry any variation of pizza from NY Style, yet NY Style is merely a variation of the original....it's just hypocritical...I mean, as a matter of preference, no one can fault you for choosing one style over another, but to insist that nothing else in the world is allowed to qualify as pizza is just not right.

• Members

I need to get ta' grillin!

Blue cheese filled bacon wrapped chicken breasts. :love:

That avacado thing. :confused: / :love:

Some of those other excellent sounding things in the grill thread. :love::love::love:

And now pizza. :love:

• Members

You're welcome to your narrow-minded view of what is pizza, but your definition is a variation of the original....I liken that attitude to the Fundamentlists Christians who insist that God made the world in 7 days, without any room for interpretation. Yet their definition of a day, and the definition of a day for the people who wrote the creation story are two different things. Not on any historical or factual basis, but because it's their interpretation it HAS to be true..and discredits any other interpretation.

Holy crap. A pizza thread that started talking about religion. Now I know this forum is screwed!

Archived