Phantom power and a 700RB?

MTMTEX

• Members

So I am coordinating a benefit for the no kill animal shelter this weekend and am also running sound. I will need to use phantom power for the condenser mics but it occurs to me I was just going to plug the bass amp into the FOH snake using the DI on the head of the 700RB. I don't think this would be a problem but I thought I should check 1st, I dont want to hurt my amp. I would have put this in the live sound forum but they aren't as much fun over there. :lol: Any info would be most appreciated. Also normally I could just mic everything but its outdoors and may be a little windy, so I was just going to use a bunch of passive DI's instead.

• Moderators

A lot of mixers have a global phantom power switch. I've done it several times with all different kinds of amps. You're fine.

There are too many amps out there that aren't phantom power safe, but in general, most are.

• Members

There are too many amps out there that aren't phantom power safe, but in general, most are.

Do you know what amps for future reference? I know I've gone direct into mixers with global phantom with a variety of SS amps, never a tube amp, though.

• Members

A lot of mixers have a global phantom power switch. I've done it several times with all different kinds of amps. You're fine.

Yeah this. Its a decent Yamaha board but phantom is either all on or all off. Thanks for the responses everyone.

Archived