WTBSOT Again: Mashed potatoes

Thumper

• Members

Peeled russet or yellow potatoes, cut into 1/2" pieces

1 large clove, peeled, per pound of tater

Kosher salt

Low fat yogurt

Flat-leaf parsley

Boil taters, garlic and salt to taste until spuds are soft. Drain, mash together, adding yogurt to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley.

:love:

• Members

I cook more by feel and taste than amounts but when I make mashed spuds I also add whole, peeled garlic to the boiling water but when mashing I add a mix of milk, butter and chicken stock until I get the consistency right. Season with a little salt and fresh cracked white pepper and then add fresh chopped rosemary and then let it sit in the pot for a while to let the flavors mesh. Better than sex.........as far as I remember. :thu:

• Members

too much work.

Potato + oven + eternity... wait.. wait wait...

take it out of oven. Beat it to death, cover in bacon, butter, salt, cheese, sour cream and devour it like it's your last meal on a sinking ship.

• Members

What in the hell does WTBSOT mean?

Way To Be Sorta Off Topic??

Want To Buy Sexual Oriented Text?

When The Bull Sucks Oliver's Testes?

Will There Be Something Over There?

Where The Butt Socks Overcome Trauma?

I dunno.... ????? :confused::confused:

• Members

put it in the recipe thread!

I roast garlic and add that in mine, keep my skins on, and add sour cream.

Oh, and for double baked potatoes? Bake your tators, scoop the filling out, add some blue cheese, green onions, cream cheese, and a bit of cheddar. Blend and fill hollowed shells, bake for 15 minutes.

Holy freaking heart attack, but oh so yummy.

• Members

put it in the recipe thread!

I roast garlic and add that in mine, keep my skins on, and add sour cream.

Oh, and for double baked potatoes? Bake your tators, scoop the filling out, add some blue cheese, green onions, cream cheese, and a bit of cheddar. Blend and fill hollowed shells, bake for 15 minutes.

Holy freaking heart attack, but oh so yummy.

:thu:

• Members

You guys who leave the skins may wanna be very careful about it, if they are not nice dry fresh potatoes stored correctly you could get pretty sick from them.. The skins kinda concentrate the bad stuff (which I should be able to remember cos I JUST DID A FREAKIN ASSEMENT about potatoes 4 weeks ago..:facepalm:).

Anyway.. skins.. be real careful.. especially with pregger chix, sick, elderly etc..

Archived