NTOT : What would you take with you?

PaulyWally

• Members

I'm watching the news about the California wildfires (I hope they take out all those "pizzerias" :D) and they're interviewing people that lost their homes.

They asked one guy what he managed to save from his house. His response: "My 1956 Gibson Les Paul."

I thought... "Yeah! Now there's a guy with priorities!" :thu:

Then the interviewer kinda chuckled and said, "A guitar?" :facepalm:

If I only had time to make one trip... I don't know which instruments I'd take. :confused:

Edit: I know for sure I'd grab my grandpa's pre WWII C.G. Conn Alto Sax. But in the other hand? :idk:

• Members

King can make me another bass, I don't give a crap (it's still relatively new and they're making more of them) and I'm grabbing all my kids videos and photos and whatnot and then I'm grabbing Mike's Gretsch. They don't make that model anymore and I'm grabbing the 79 Les Paul I bought him as a wedding present.

• Members

i've got a similar era King. Are they worth dough?

I don't know. I got mine as a graduation present in 1994 and it cost them $2000. My parents probably got a discount on it though, since it was purchased from my instructor and family friend. It was an identical back up of his horn. It's also silver plated.

• Members

The one I have is plated too, but the plating is in horrible shape. It's a little pea-shooter of a horn.

How so. The bell on mine is larger probably larger than average.

I think it's a 2B....but god, I haven't played it in 7 years. :(

• Members

my modulus TBX is the only really valuable piece of bass gear I have. I suppose that and my 1920's King Trombone.

I don't have that many "prized positions".

It doesn't have much monetary value, but one of my personal prized possessions would actually assist me in getting more things out of the house. Even by going back for more trips.

It's a gas mask. :D

• Members

Never tried that one to be completely honest.

I think it's a guy thing is why he's pointing it out. I'm looking at that and thinking that when primed and ready for sex, it likes to go up, not down, so that could be rather painful to try and pull off that way.

• Members

I think it's a guy thing is why he's pointing it out. I'm looking at that and thinking that when primed and ready for sex, it likes to go up, not down, so that could be rather painful to try and pull off that way.

Yeah.... plus I question the point of entry and will not comment further on that subject.

Archived