OT: Never was a big fan of Goose Island beer...

One Bad Monkey

• Members

...until I stumbled upon the Pere Jacques. From what the bartender at O'Duffy's told us, they only brewed about 100 barrels of this, 6 of which came to Michigan; all of which came to O'Duffy's. Nice beer with a great finish.

After that, we asked the bartender if he had anything else of interest. He came back with some bottles of the Bourbon County Stout. That is probably one of the best stouts I've had, period. I'm glad that the bar has a "to go license," so I can grab some more stout when the need arises.

I'll definitely have to give Goose Island's seasonal and special brews another look next time around.

• Members

...until I stumbled upon the
. From what the bartender at O'Duffy's told us, they only brewed about 100 barrels of this, 6 of which came to Michigan; all of which came to O'Duffy's. Nice beer with a great finish.

After that, we asked the bartender if he had anything else of interest. He came back with some bottles of the
. That is probably one of the best stouts I've had, period. I'm glad that the bar has a "to go license," so I can grab some more stout when the need arises.

I'll definitely have to give Goose Island's seasonal and special brews another look next time around.

Yeah, that beer rules. It's always a must-stop for me at the GABF. We don't get Goose Island here, otherwise.

Archived